Third Line Analyst - Oracle Database Administrator
Computacenter is looking for an experienced, security cleared Third Line Oracle DBA who will join our team supporting major customers. The role will be based in our Nottingham or Hatfield office.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience providing specialised DBA support across Oracle database platforms. You will possess excellent troubleshooting skills and demonstrate the ability to make key technical decisions on your own accord. You should be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both face to face and on the telephone, whilst also having the ability to assess and prioritise tasks without close supervision.
- As a 3rd Line Oracle DBA, you will be responsible for providing technical support for all in scope Oracle database environments in line with the organisation's established policies and procedures, including new installations and upgrades.
- You will support defining, implementing and managing our customers Oracle database environments in line with architectural standards.
- You will assist developers and other DBAs, including within the customer organisations, with developments, implementations, upgrades and ongoing maintenance of the database environments.
- You will be part of a support team that provides 24x7 on call support on a rota basis, with a requirement to be available for additional work outside of normal office hours, including weekends and bank holidays.
- Customer engagement will be key, and you will establish and maintain good relationships with the customer organisation, and the various service delivery teams within Computacenter.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designing, developing and deploying of Oracle technologies on Windows, Unix, Linux and Virtual Platforms across development, test and production systems
- Providing solutions and workarounds to incidents/problems
- Working to SLAs and deadlines
- Review of services and application delivery
- Prioritising and managing several tasks at a single time
- Establishing a good working relationship with wider teams and customers alike
- Keeping up to date with advancements in technology
- Working with a variety of customers to gain a detailed understanding of their requirements
- Willingness to Travel (Infrequent)
- Document writing / process creation
The Ideal Candidate
- UK based, SC cleared or eligible
- Oracle 10g, 11g & 12c RDBMS running on one or more of Windows, Solaris, AIX or Linux
- Extensive knowledge of the Oracle toolset
- Good SQL & PL/SQL knowledge
- Good knowledge of RMAN and cloning techniques
- Understanding of High Availability and Disaster Recovery, including working experience of DataGuard, RAC and ClusterWare
- Knowledge and experience of working on ASM
- Knowledge and experience of Enterprise Manager
- Experience of working in a controlled ITIL environment with good understanding of control processes and procedures
- Knowledge of
- sizing, capacity planning and benchmarking
- backup and recovery
- performance tuning
- proactive monitoring and alerting
- Excellent decision making/problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Database architecture, design and implementation
- Shell scripting
- Knowledge of Oracle 11i/12i e-Business Suite / Discoverer
- Mentoring, coaching and training junior staff
- Multi platform OS support and administration, including Windows, Solaris, HPUX, AIX & Linux
- Knowledge of ITIL, ISO 20000 & ISO 27000
- Understanding of patch and deployment methodologies
- Virtualisation technologies (VMWare, XenServer and HyperV)
- Cloud computing (Azure, AWS)
- Any knowledge of other RDBMS technologies, including MS SQL Server, MySQL and Sybase would be advantageous
Location - Nottingham or Hatfield - can be either
Salary - Competitive and Benefits
About the Company
“Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers’ infrastructures.”