Test Analyst - Test and Validation
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Test Analyst to join the Test & Validation Management Team (TVM). The objective of the team is to protect the customers’ IT environments from any adverse impact of releases introduced into these environments (e.g. monthly Microsoft security patching). This is done by performing testing of the in-scope applications and services. TVM manages the entire test lifecycle, from reviewing requirements, through planning, test execution and defect management, to making a recommendation for the release under test.
The Test Analyst will primarily be responsible for ensuring that the test plan, test execution and test reporting is performed for the customer(s) they are accountable. The testing should be performed according to the schedule set out by the test manager. All test activities should adhere to the Test and Validation Management processes and good practice standards. Other responsibilities include supporting the test manager in reviewing change requests and technical aspects of environment management, defect management, automation and tools management (HP ALM and SPIRA).
This will be a busy and exciting time for the right candidate, and an opportunity to help expand our Managed Service business.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform test execution
- Manage defects to resolution
- Maintain and create test cases
- Produce test plans, test reports and test metrics
- Create and maintain the relevant documentation on various systems
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at various locations
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders
- Comply with all audit requirements applicable to Test Management process
- Contribute to any process or service improvement initiatives
- Perform duties as directed by the Test Manager
The Ideal Candidate
- Proficient Excel user.
- SC clearance
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively
- Ability to record finding accurately and comprehensively.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated, able to work off own initiative or as part of a team when required
- ITIL Knowledge and where Testing fits in.
- Understanding of UI based automation (e.g. Ranorex)
- General Windows support and configuration experience
- Working knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure / Virtualisation
- Experience with Microsoft installer (MSI) and App-V technologies
- Installation and configuration of Microsoft Operating Systems experience
- Experience with Installation and configuration of key business applications, i.e. Microsoft Office, Outlook etc.
- Experience with Operating System Registry Hives
- Experience with TCP/IP Networking
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience with Windows Deployment Services
- Experience with Microsoft Windows XP, Vista & Windows 7/8 & respective components; Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 & respective components
- Experience with debugging & root cause analysis
- Understanding of security principles
- Command Line experience
- Experience with network diagnostic tools such as WIRESHARK for debug / fault finding purposes
- SQL Server and Windows Server knowledge
Hatfield (some travel to Milton Keynes)
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers’ infrastructures.