Technical Consultant – HCI
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Consultant to join our dynamic and rapidly expanding Consultancy Practice within Computacenter, focusing on Hyperconverged Infrastructure technologies. The role can be based from any of our offices and will involve regular UK wide travel. The Consultant will assist with Design and Implementation consultancy to our customers, designing appropriate solutions, contributing and winning bids, and working on implementation projects.
- Owns & manages the scoping & definition of IT strategies by understanding & translating business requirements into technical realities.
- Act as the design authority for a programme of inter-related projects
- Undertake individual consultancy assignments, analysing customer requirements, gathering & analysing data, recommending solutions
- Technically manage the design & implementation of solutions especially those which are high risk/large scale.
- Quality assures the designs & technical project documentation produced by other consultants.
- Ensure consultancy assignments are undertaken consistently & with quality, using the Consultancy Frame Work.
- Highlight all technical risks so that any Computacenter exposure to commercial loss can be minimised.
- Responsible for the quality of all technical deliverables produced by the team
- Attend& present at customer workshops and meetings. Present & lead project meetings with the customers management
- Produce/update all assignment documentation. Undertake knowledge transfer to customer or third party personnel
- Ensure that hand over to relevant support organisation is successfully completed.
- Identify other Computacenter service and sales opportunities. Maintain a high level of industry awareness through training & self-development
- Assist with Pre-Sales technical enquiries. Attend Customer opportunity / strategy meetings to scope customer requirements
- Provide the qualification of designs or opportunities & provide appropriate contributions to Invitations To Tender, Requests For Quotes
- Requests For Purchase, etc
The Ideal Candidate
- Very strong Technical design and delivery experience with HCI products – particularly Dell VXRail and Nutanix
- Ability to design complex technical solutions and significant bid response experience
- Detailed Design experience
- Dell VXRail, VSAN and Nutanix Certified
- VMware skills and certification
- Presales experience
- Any other HCI accreditations e.g. HPE Simplivity
- Excellent communication and consultancy skills both written and oral
- Ability to deal with sensitive customer issues at a senior level
- Ability to own bid, project and technical documents
- Ability to input into business case development
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to present within internal workshops and externally to small audiences
Hyper Converged Infrastructure - Technical Consultant
Competitive Salary +Car + Core & Voluntary Benefits
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers’ infrastructures.