Technical Consultant - EUP
- End User Practice Consultant – Windows 10
- Competitive salary + fully flexible benefits scheme + car
- Flexible UK base location with regular UK wide travel
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Consultant to join our dynamic and rapidly expanding End User Practice within Computacenter, with a strong focus on Microsoft desktop and deployment technologies. The role will involve extensive travel throughout the UK.
The Consultant will deliver both pre and post sales technical consultancy to our customers. This includes the design, implementation and configuration of complex, large scale Windows based deployment solutions. In addition the Consultant will provide pre-sales support to internal and external customers in defining complex technical solutions.
As a predominately client facing role you need proven skills in a customer facing position, designing and implementing Microsoft desktop and deployment technologies to corporate or public sector organisations.
As the UK market leader, with over 55% of Windows enterprise migrations in the UK and the 3rd largest Windows migration partner globally, there are extensive development and training opportunities to aid career progression.
- Ability to design and implement complex technical solutions
- Experience in supporting infrastructure technologies
- Excellent communication and consultancy skills both written and oral
- Ability to deal with sensitive customer issues at a senior level
- Ability to contribute to bid, project and technical documents
- Ability to input into business case development
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to present within internal workshops and externally to small audiences
- Undertake individual consultancy assignments, analysing customer requirements, gathering and analysing data, recommending solutions
- Ensure consultancy assignments are undertaken consistently and with quality, using Prince2.
- Highlight all technical risks so that any Computacenter's exposure to commercial loss can be minimised.
- Keep up to date with current and future market developments, competitors, technologies, products and strategies
- Attend and present at customer workshops and meetings
- Produce / update all assignment documentation
- Identify other Computacenter service and sales opportunities
- Build and develop relationships with key stakeholders across Computacenter.
- Build and enhance relationships with peers and Computacenter's sales force (Account Managers, Client Directors, Sales Specialists)
- Develop relationships with partners and vendors to enhance opportunities and capabilities for the practice
The Ideal Candidate
- Detailed product knowledge of the following technologies;
- Desktop deployment experience – enterprise deployments of Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- Desktop configuration experience (ADK, MDT, creation of Task Sequences,) – Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- Deployment Toolset(s) – System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Current Branch, SCCM 2012
- Co-management of Windows 10 using SCCM, Intune and Azure Active Directory
- Desktop productivity suite configuration and deployment knowledge – Office 365 ProPlus, Office 2016, Office 2013, Office 2010
- Desktop security products knowledge – BitLocker or relevant disk encryption software / Security Compliance Manager (SCM) / security baselines for the client platform
- Directory Services – creation of group policy objects for desktop operating systems
- Scripting – PowerShell / VBScript
- Microsoft Desktop Optimisation Pack (MDOP) – App-V / MBAM
- Microsoft Professional Qualifications – additional accreditations with other vendors desirable
- Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Server knowledge
- Intune Mobile Device Management (MDM) and Enterprise Management Suite
- MS Security Products – Windows Defender and Defender ATP
- 1E – Windows Servicing Suite, Nomad
- Desktop virtualisation – Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, VMware View
- OneDrive for Business
- MS Exchange / Skype for Business
- Ivanti – Application Manager and Environment Manager
Competitive Salary + Car + Pension + Sharesave + Consultative and Technical training