Technical Analyst 2
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, enabling users and their businesses. Our IS Operations division is looking to recruit a Storage Operations, Senior Analyst, who will report to the Infrastructure Operations Manager within our IT team, based at the Hatfield Head Office. The successful post-holder will act as a senior technical resource within Storage & Server Operations and play a senior role in implementing optimised processes and management practices that result in infrastructure, systems and services, that is reliable, scalable, secure, efficient, well controlled and documented, adhering to ITIL best practices.
This is a genuine career opportunity for a talented 3rd Line Engineer / Analyst, experienced in Windows Server and Virtualisation technologies.
On offer is a key position working on a broad range of the latest technology, with a team of talented Engineers/ Analysts at our HQ in Hatfield.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and support of infrastructure and systems
- Offer expertise within the team for the resolution of all technical incidents and problems
- Make a significant contribution in delivering continual tangible and measureable benefits and value in terms of improving customer service & satisfaction and operational efficiency, whilst reducing risk and operational costs to minimal levels
- Proactively identify opportunities and create and deliver robust business case proposals to team Manager to improve reliability, stability and efficiency
- Instigate and orchestrate changes to infrastructure and systems, in line with change control processes
- Facilitate and typically lead, the management of medium/large technical projects and complex work packages into business as usual operations
- Support, coach and mentor the more junior members of the team, leading by example
- Contribute with ideas and suggestions on continuous service improvement
- Develop, produce and maintain IT documentation and following IT procedures as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Significant knowledge, understanding and expertise including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Server technologies; MS Server, MS Clustering, Active Directory Services, Group Policy, Windows Terminal Services, Certificate Services, ADFS
- Virtualisation technologies; VMware ESX Server, Hyper-V
- Server Hardware: HPE Synergy / One View, HPE Rack/Blade Servers.
- VMware Data Centre Virtualisation, vSphere, HA, SRM, Citrix XenApp
- IaaS and Cloud technologies; Microsoft Azure, Office 365, AWS, RackSpace
- Backup/Archiving technologies; IBM Spectrum Protect (Tivoli Storage Manager)
- Server Networking including TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, Load-Balancing technologies (JetNexus)
- System Management technologies; SCOM, SCCM
- Scripting knowledge (PowerShell)
- Anti-virus technologies; Symantec End Point Protection
- Disaster Recover, Replication and Recovery services
- Storage technologies: SAN (HPE 3Par, EMC VNX) , Fibre Channel Switches (Brocade) etc.
- Experience supporting large/enterprise level infrastructures
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to achieve prompt resolution
- Strong experience of incident and problem management including 3rd party service providers
- Capable of managing concurrent initiatives
- Solid operational understanding of service management standards and tools; Minimum ITIL V3 Foundation qualified
- Industry recognised qualifications including but not limited to Microsoft Certified (MCSA, MCSE) and VMWare Certified Professional (VCP)
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 14,700 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues £3.79 billion again an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.