Technical Analyst – Cisco Networking
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Analyst – working within Networking technology, to join our team. The successful individual will be responsible for providing configurations / technical Bill of Materials that are used for quotations and to also provide technical support to internal sales teams and clients across the UK.
This is a role for an experienced individual or graduate that has a background in networking & security and wishes to develop
Roles & Responsibilities
- Define and understand the customer’s hardware / software requirements
- Produce technically validated specifications / Bill of Materials using vendor best practice and tools, within published SLAs
- Work with our Solution Specialists and Account Managers to understand opportunities
- Advise on the design and deployment of Switches, Routers, Firewalls Wireless technology and Unified Communications
- Provide technical support to Sales team by answering technical questions based on the products
- Accurately and competently complete configurations within a defined complexity level
- Utilise opportunities to cross and upsell
- Champion an environment of continual improvement and personal development
- Deliver excellent customer satisfaction to internal and external parties
- Pro-actively keep technical knowledge up to date
- Maintain strong internal/external relationships
- Work with our Partner Management team to drive process changes and efficiencies
- Work with large clients on updating their pre-defined bundles to ensure technical validity and to demonstrate ‘value add’
- Hold and maintain vendor/technical accreditations to support own development and company requirements
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong English and Mathematical skills
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals
- Understanding of TCP/IP and OSI models
- Awareness of Cisco product portfolio
- Sound understanding of Routing and Switching technology
- Knowledge of Cisco Network/ Security technology
- Understanding of Unified Commutations
- Focused on self-development; technical and personal
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work within a team, and to self-motivate
- Experience of working in an environment with deadlines
- Able to demonstrate a pro-active, positive approach
Skills Desirable (non-essential)
- Understanding of consumption based billing
- CCNA Routing and Switching
- Awareness of Cisco promotion mechanisms
- Holds up to date technical/sales accreditations
- Technical Sales experience
Technical Analyst – Cisco Networking
Competitive salary + Core & Voluntary benefits
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 14,700 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues £3.79 billion again an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.