Solutions Architect (Containers)
Computacenter are building on their heritage of enterprise Datacentre transformation services, and become a leading EMEA partner for Red Hat and Docker.
We are looking for an experienced Solutions Architect to support the pre-sales and delivery of its enterprise containers proposition. The right candidates will be engaging and articulate IT professionals, with proven hands-on experience of architecting, building and operating enterprise container platforms, specifically integrating development pipelines and enterprise operations with Docker Enterprise and Red Hat OpenShift.
You will be responsible for selling the benefits of enterprise container adoption, providing expertise on how to deliver, integrate and operate CaaS/PaaS services, and automate application deployment through open source ecosystem of DevOps tools. The role requires an individual who can keep up to speed with this fast-evolving area of IT, work well with consulting and sales peers to provide thought leadership, and ensure best practice architectural governance of complex customer projects.
- Consult and advise on complex enterprise container solutions, that support CaaS/PaaS adoption across Hybrid and Multi-Cloud provider infrastructures and services
- Provide technical leadership to technical consulting teams, in the development, enablement and delivery of container solutions, and the integration with development & operational eco-system of tools
- Work with sales and consulting peers to understand and assist customers in building open source adoption strategies, and evolving the use of DevOps practices
- Undertake strategy consulting assignments that provide customers with direction and business case for container platform adoption
- Provide guidance to customers on modernising traditional applications for running on cloud native platforms and services, and lead the delivery of full path container adoption projects
- Educate customers on Computacenters Hybrid Cloud Adoption Framework and ensure container services engagement align to its attributes of execution
- Prepare and direct customer workshops and meetings
- Engage with customer IT and Business stakeholders, to build trust and strategic alignment for container adoption, and ensure integrated solutions that maximise the value of container platforms
- Work with customers to understand complex enterprise IT challenges, and lead technical teams to solve these with enterprise container platform solutions
- Work as part of a team to take Computacenter container and cloud propositions to market and maintain a pipeline of professional services opportunity
- Work with sales and consulting peers to improve current and develop future service offerings and value propositions
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 10 years of work experience in IT and technical solutions delivery
- 2-3 years of Hands on Delivery / Implementation related work with Docker Enterprise, Red Hat OpenShift or other Kubernetes orchestration platforms is essential
- Strong understanding of, container runtimes, orchestrators, networking and storage concepts, with knowledge of the wider CNCF projects and ecosystem beneficial
- Knowledge of Public Cloud provider platforms and service and experience of enterprise best practice adoption (AWS, Azure, Google etc...)
- Experience of containerising applications and methodologies for modernising traditional applications is desirable
- Experience with one or more public cloud container solutions (ECS, AKS, GKE etc.), with knowledge on federation of container management desirable
- Experience of application container development and build pipeline integration is important
- Experience of CI/CD, SCM, testing and automation tooling, (e.g. TeamCity, Bamboo, Jira, Jenkins, Go, Git, and Ansible)
- Operational experience in securing container pipelines and infrastructures, including knowledge of container security tools (secure source, image scanning, RBAC, secrets management, image assurance, runtime protection and compliance, firewalls etc...)
- Software Defined Networking experience (Cisco ACI, VMware NSX-T, Juniper Contrail etc.) is desirable.
- Software Defined Storage experience (Gluster, Ceph, StorageOS etc.) is desirable.
- Working knowledge of virtualisation and converged compute technologies (VMware vSphere, KVM & Hyper-V, Nutanix, Cisco UCS, HPE Simplivity/Synergy etc..), is desirable
Certified as Docker DCA, or Red Hat RHCSA/RHCE would be beneficial
Competitive incl Car + Benefits
About the Company
Computacenter is Europes leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers infrastructures