Solution Sales Specialist - Datacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services and solutions. In our Sales division, we continue to expand our pipeline and record of business wins because we set clear expectations, take a straightforward and pragmatic approach, and are honest with our customers. We see an increasing opportunity in our target market for significant Digital & DC transformation, focused on hybrid cloud platform migration, as well as increasing levels of software defined and Hyper-Converged architectures.
We are looking for Solutions Specialists to join our Datacenter division, with a proven track record in selling IT Infrastructure Solutions and Professional & Managed Services and capabilities in the new and emerging solutions. The successful applicant will be a Datacenter subject matter expert, responsible for engaging, understanding, qualifying and leading the successful closure of solutions and service opportunities.
The specialist will be responsible for creating, selling and commercially owning significant Solution Sales engagements (typically values of £2 to £10m) which combine Professional Services, Managed Services and Technology elements.
- To provide end-to-end ownership for a specialist aligned opportunity on behalf of the Datacenter business
- Developing, leading and owning multiple opportunities, selling to major UK / Global Enterprise and Central Government customers
- Support the qualification process with the customer account teams
- Assisting the customer through a process of understanding their requirements, defining a solution, creating a compelling proposition and responsible for negotiating commercials and closing the deal
- Responsible for managing the internal service providers and any external suppliers
- Support, guide and coach the sales team to define, differentiate, develop, lead and close deals across all vertical sectors
- Drive partnership & collaboration with key vendors
- Develop strategy to maximise opportunities and grow market share
- Ensure high levels on internal and external stakeholder satisfaction through the sales cycle and project delivery.
The Ideal Candidate
- A proven track record in selling large transformation IT infrastructure projects
- Experience of working as a specialist, (someone who is opportunity aligned rather than customer aligned) and clearly understands the dynamics this brings
- Experience working with Tier 1 Cloud providers (especially, VMware, AWS & Azure)
- Demonstrable vendor experience, influencing and developing strategic partnerships
- Proven experience of working with multiple manufacturers and partners; and managing conflicting demands and expectations
- Credible specialist knowledge and can articulate this well whilst communicating effectively with the client up to C-suite
- The ability to work effectively with Computacenter technical solution experts in defining the right proposition for a specific clients' needs
- The ability to manage the entire deal lifecycle from inception to delivery start and commercial close
- The ability to adapt style to customer requirements
- Strong understanding of strategic and technology issues in the DC market place
- Understanding of commercial and risk management in a Solutions environment
- Ability to manage complex sales campaigns, and engaging, building and maintaining relationships at a senior level
Datacenter Solutions Sales Specialist
Location: UK Wide
Competitive Salary, Uncapped OTE & Car Allowance
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues of £3.79 billion an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.