Solution Architect – Digital Transformation
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Solution Architect educated at Graduate level or with relevant experience to join our dynamic and rapidly expanding Consultancy Practice within Computacenter, focusing on driving forward our market leading position in Business, Services, Infrastructure and Digital Transformation, providing internal and external strategy and thought leadership, supporting Pre-Sales for customer campaigns, bids, solutions and opportunities, and ultimately helping our customers on their own digital journey.
You will be instrumental in assisting customers understanding, and getting the most out of IT investments by working with them to develop their technology, people and processes for the benefit of their business, customers and employees. Key to your success will be your broad range of long standing and evidenced skills and experiences in designing end to end solutions, building teams and working closely with subject matter experts across all aspects of services and technology disciplines, and delivering technology solutions aligned to contracted services capabilities.
- Advise customers on the drivers for executing organisational change as well as adopting technologies
- Advise customers on the adoption of agile methods of delivery and the impact on IT operations
- Develop close working relationships with key stakeholders in client’s organisation
- Lead, own and support the Pre-Sales and delivery assurance of Digital, Technology transformation solutions and services, including responses to large scale and complex customer opportunities, including ITTs, RFPs and RFIs
- Understand, define and present maturity models and roadmaps for customer’s Digital transformation journey
- Collaborate with the sales, technical delivery and operational teams in the development of transformation and managed services engagements that meet customer requirements
- Discover and analyse customers' IT operations and technical state and provide recommendations for improvement
- Advise on building and maintaining both technology and operational capability roadmaps
- Consult on the enablers of a technology services model and evolving to a broker of IT services
- Continually build and maintain effective relationships with internal and customer stakeholders, by demonstrating empathy, honesty and informed advice
- Work with the services, marketing, and solutions teams on portfolio and product information launches including enablement and education for customers and employees
- Develop future service offerings and value propositions to keep Computacenter relevant to the market
- Building productive relationships internally and externally, and becoming a trusted advisor to our customers
- Using social media and other means of effective communication for Computacenter, Consultancy and self-marketing, raising awareness and profile, and thought leadership purposes
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate will have 10 years + of proven IT experience and a supporting track record in:-
- Consultancy, IT thought leadership, IT Infrastructure and Operational Services Solutions architect, in support of complex enterprise customer environments, and Digital Transformation Programmes
- Business case development, programme and benefits management
- Requirements Elicitation, Definition and Compliance Management with End to End Traceability
- Sound breadth of technical knowledge encompassing, Digital Workplace Solutions including supporting Infrastructure Services such as Hybrid Cloud / IT, Data Centers, Virtualisation, Compute, Network, Storage and Security, solutions as well as translating into operational services and systems integration
- Understanding, supporting and interpreting complex contractual obligations into compliant IT solutions and services
- Understanding and supporting customers and our own Managed Services Operational hand over requirements
- Agile IT delivery methods and their application in projects, programmes and solutions development
- Understanding of organisational operating models appropriate to Hybrid IT / Cloud and broker service operations, as well as SIAM approaches, and experience in their construction and implementation
- Experience in IT service management and operations, and a clear understanding of the processes needed to deliver them within a Digital Services organisation
- Data centre automation, IT service and systems management and compliance management
- Appreciation of IT orchestration and automation
- Proven understanding of Business and IT Architecture Frameworks and methodologies; industry recognised accreditations are a significant advantage
- Proven understanding and application of Consulting and Project Management Frameworks, Approaches and Methodologies; Industry recognised accreditations are a significant advantage
- Ability to interpret customers' business and technical requirements into IT services, solutions, projects and programmes
- Stakeholder management experience working with senior internal and customer C-level executives
- Proactive approach in building technical and professional relationships with customers, vendors, partners and internal stakeholders
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal; a second major European language is a significant advantage
- High standards of quality in documentation skills and presentation experience with mid to large-sized internal and external audiences
- Understanding and articulation of industry trends and potential future directions
- Understanding, adopting and enforcement of corporate Governance and Assurance policies and processes
- Solutions and Services Cost Model Creation and the associated quality assurance / governance
- Identification, Analysis and management of Risks in both Pre-Sales and during in flight projects and programmes
Solution Architect – Digital Transformation
Competitive salary + fully flexible benefits scheme + car
Flexible UK base location with regular UK wide travel
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues of £3.79 billion an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.