Services Tools Support Analyst
Provide support services relating to specific application systems, both to users of the systems and for service delivery functions, such as computer operations and help desk. This includes investigating and resolving problems and providing information about the systems. This often involves close collaboration with the systems’ developers.
- 10% - Receives requests for support from users, other service delivery staff and help desk. Prioritises requests in accordance with defined SLA's and the needs of the organisation
- 20% - Within a broad area of competence, investigates problems and other requests for support and determines appropriate actions to take
- 40% - Within own area of competence, provides correct responses to requests for support by means of for example, manipulating data, developing work-arounds or site specific enhancements, training users or operations staff, producing additional documentation or escalating requests to systems development staff or software suppliers. Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures
- Monitors progress of requests for support and ensures users and other interested parties are kept informed. Takes corrective action to avoid or minimise delays
- 20% - Liaises with systems development staff or software suppliers on the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems or further fulfil user requirements
- 10% - Provides advice and guidance to less experienced colleagues where required
- Accepts new releases of applications software from systems development staff or software suppliers
- Works under general direction within a clearly defined accountability framework
The Ideal Candidate
- Has achieved proficiency in the role of 2nd Line Support Analyst (minimum of 18 months experience)
- Knowledge of SQL/Oracle is essential. This attribute is required to select information held within databases to resolve complex issues on a daily basis
- Excellent trouble-shooting and analytical approach to incident diagnosis
- Is able to resolve complex technical issues on numerous supported applications
- Has experience of communicating with users on technical issues
- Demonstrates good oral and written communications skills. Capable of liaison with MIM team, Senior IS Management, key business stakeholders, Vendors etc
- Has a thorough knowledge of business aspects of the applications(s), and of technical aspects of the application system(s) and the hardware and software environment in which they run. Has a thorough knowledge of IS development processes
- Familiar with Server analysis (ie: be able to log into servers using PC Duo/Remote Desktop) and how to check for disk space/memory usage/Windows Services running/Scheduling tasks etc)
- Have general pc knowledge (ie, all Windows versions - XP/7 etc) and Browser (IE) knowledge. Know how to check for low disk space/memory usage/Windows Service’s, running schedules etc
- Knowledge of web applications/Microsoft IIS and Windows Server.
- Experience of incident management using Remedy or other service management application such as ServiceNow, H.P.S.C etc.
Some of the apps supported are:
- Remedy: ITSM – provide support & configuration within this app.
- NGSD: Right Answers (article area of NGSD)/Blue Prism (robotic process automation)
- Connecta MC/SG (integration for Directa/Remedy)
- Eracent (IT asset management software)
- Courion (password reset tool)
- SSIM/iLog (incident logging applications)
- SAP PI (process integration)
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers’ infrastructures.