Service Owner - Global Service Desk Systems
As a FTSE 250 PLC, we are rooted in core European countries, Computacenter combines global reach with local expertise. We operate Global Service Desks and Infrastructure Operations Centers across Europe, South Africa and Asia from which our employees provide user support in 18 languages. Customers with global requirements are served through an extensive international partner network, which mirrors the requirements of our European-headquartered client base.
We get to know our customers, so we can respond to their needs – join us as a Contact Centre Systems - Technical Service Owner – here in Hatfield and we’ll get to know you as a person, not just an employee, so we can understand your interests and ambitions.
- Technical ownership of the Avaya Contact Centre platform that supports our Global Service Desk business, with a strong emphasis on managing projects, changes, incidents and problems
- Technical leadership of design changes to ensure they are carefully considered against the shared platform
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with both internal and external senior stakeholders regarding pertinent Contact Centre platform activities, projects and important problems
- Design and implement short and long term strategic plans/roadmaps to ensure the Contact Centre platform functionality and capacity meets existing and future business initiatives/requirements.
- Lead, manage and evaluate vendors/strategic providers and develop strong working relationships
- Develop, implement, and maintain system standards, policies, procedures, and health checks for the Contact Centre platform
- Direct management of your team – provide leadership, coaching and conduct performance reviews
- Experience of off-shoring services and managing vendors/suppliers off-shore
- P&L Management including cost recovery models
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for someone who can live up to our reputation for delivering on promises – someone who can solve problems creatively to get the job done.
- Exceptional knowledge of Contact Centre Platforms, ideally Avaya Communication Manager (CM), Avaya Experience Portal and Avaya Interaction Centre (AIC)
- Exceptional knowledge on Inbound and Outbound voice services (TDM & SIP)
- Good understanding of networks and how they support voice and data services for the Contact Centre Platform in a large, geographically-diverse environment
- Good general IT knowledge with some experience of application integration
- Must have demonstrated leadership, including coaching and mentoring a team.
- Extensive experience in Vendor and Contract Management.
- Ability to perform general financial calculations for the purpose of creating needs assessments, capital funding, expense planning, budgets, etc.
- Ability to present ideas, new technology in a user-friendly language/manner.
- Highly self-motivated and directed; proven analytical and problem-solving abilities; strong customer service orientation; strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritize; strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Willingness to travel when required
- The ideal candidate should be ITIL qualified.
Competitive and Benefits and Car
About the Company
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, enabling users and their business in a digital world. We advise organisations on IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology, optimise its performance, and manage our customers’ infrastructures. In doing this we help CIOs and IT departments in enterprise and corporate organisations maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
Computacenter provides user support, supply chain management, and secure provision of applications and data to support individual working styles and improve collaboration. To achieve this, we assist with consulting as well as the implementation and operation of networks and datacenter infrastructures on or off customers’ premises and in the cloud.
Computacenter combines global reach with local expertise. We operate Infrastructure Operations Centers and Group Service Desks across Europe, South Africa, Asia and the Americas from which our employees provide user support in 30 languages. Customers with global requirements are served through an extensive international partner network, which mirrors the requirements of our European-headquartered client base.