Senior Service Manager - IT
What the role is:
As a Senior Service Manager you will be accountable for leading and managing service and change delivery for an account, a group of accounts or for a significant area of service within one of our larger accounts.
You will lead a team, both directly and through matrix management. You will operate an effective governance model to make sure that your services deliver what we have promised to our customer and to our organisation. This means meeting service levels, meeting financial targets and working with the account team to grow the business and overall customer satisfaction.
You’ll probably have a small team of direct reports, and a larger number of Computacenter and partner employees to manage within the matrix. You’ll make sure that they all understand their role within the customer and are appropriately engaged, motivated and led.
Where you’ll fit in:
- You’ll be part of the account leadership team, either in your own right or reporting through the Service Director/Lead to deliver to our customers.
- You’ll have clear areas of accountability and will be given appropriate autonomy to lead the areas of the service that you are responsible for.
- You’ll also form part of a wider community of Service Managers and will have the opportunity to actively contribute to wider in-country Services initiatives.
- You’re likely to have a role within the customer’s day to day IT leadership. Depending on the customer you may have a seat around their operational or strategic table. You may need to work as part of a virtual leadership team with other suppliers.
The stuff you’ll do:
- IT Service Management
- Lead and manage the delivery of run and change services to deliver what we’ve promised our customer and our own organisation.
- Objectively manage performance of our internal and partner delivery teams.
- Be able to demonstrate understanding of our performance, what it means to our customer’s business, and what we’re doing to improve.
- Change Delivery Management
- It’s likely that you’ll have a role leading change for our customers. Sometimes this will be relatively simple in-life service change, sometimes it will be pulling the Computacenter organisation together to deliver more complex change. In carrying out these duties, you will demonstrate awareness of relevant project management approaches.
- Business Management
- Business Leadership
- You’ll work with the Service Director/Lead, Client Director and other colleagues, as appropriate, to formulate the account strategy and to ensure that Computacenter presents itself as a single, joined-up team to the customer.
- Contract Management
- You’ll support the development, negotiation and agreement of contract changes within the Customer account
- Financial Management
- You’ll manage the finances of your account or assigned services to ensure accurate forecasting, invoicing and cost management to achieve or exceed financial targets.
- Business Leadership
- Relationship Management
- You’ll work with the Service Director/Lead and account team to define and support the engagement strategy with the customer and other stakeholders
- People Management
- Perform all Line Management responsibilities for all Direct Reports. Ensure that your team, direct and virtual, is appropriately motivated and engaged and that individual performance is managed.
- Support the people strategy for the account, including capacity and succession planning, people and capability development and talent identification and retention
How you’ll be measured:
- You’ll have clear targets which will be set and discussed regularly. These are likely to include objective measures of Customer Satisfaction, delivery quality and financial performance.
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll know:
- You’ll be an experienced practitioner in IT Service Management.
- You’re likely trained in ITIL, probably to Expert status.
- You’ll know that it’s not all about ITIL. You’ll be able to show that you understand how IT services fit in a customers’ business and how we as a service provider can add value.
What you’ll also be:
- Motivated to succeed as a Team – You’ll know that success is about how teams work together, both within Computacenter and the customer.
- Collaborative – You’ll openly share ideas with colleagues across Computacenter and you’ll contribute to initiatives that improve our organisation outside of your account.
- Inspiring – It’s likely that you will lead other Service Managers, most of whom aspire to develop their careers into more senior roles. You’ll be a role model to them, and support them in their growth.
- Creative – You’ll be able to come up with solutions to do better for our customers, for our company and ideally for both at the same time!
- Curious – You’ll want to get to the root of issues, asking “the five why’s” (Six Sigma) and using both data and intuition appropriately. You’ll avoid “I think, I feel, it seems” as much as you can, in favour of “I know”.
- Able to tell a story – You’ll be able to credibly present your service performance and improvement ideas to different audiences, talking at an appropriate level of detail.
- Advocate Value – You’ll either lead or play an active role in the adoption & use of the Customer Value Framework, continually improving and adding value to Computacenter services delivered to the customer.
Competitive + Benefits
About the Company
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services worldwide, enabling users and their business in a digital world. Our 15,000 employees worldwide support our customers on their path to digital transformation. Since our foundation in 1981, we have grown steadily and we are proud to have been able to provide first-class support to our local & international customers with their IT strategy and concepts, implementation of the best-suited technology and management of their IT infrastructure anywhere in the world that it’s needed.
In doing this, we help CIOs and IT departments, in organisations around the world, maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
As we indicate in our values, Winning Together, we pride ourselves in our teamwork, our dedication to our keeping our promises, and offer a work environment that is friendly, open and supportive. Just like our customers, we want to see our employees learn and grow to their fullest potential.