Senior IT Support Engineer - Multiple Hires
If you’ve set your heart on a career in IT, join Computacenter as a Senior IT Support Engineer and you’ll find there’s everything in place for you to realize your ambitions.
We’ve become Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services by being open, upfront and straightforward. So you’ll know exactly what’s expected of you, managers will be accessible when you need training and support, your voice will be heard and we’ll take a genuine interest in how you want to develop.
Technical Resource Group (TRG) are the front line engineers. The face of Computacenter. We are the technical staff that enable the users of our customers by owning and resolving their IT issues. We have engineers that simply enjoy being hands on and fixing issues and but we also have a track record of developing our engineers into consultancy, global infrastructure, service manager and project manager roles.
In this role you will be responsible for providing second level support to users of IT equipment (desktop, laptops, tablet devices, mobile devices and all associated peripherals and software).
The role will include the follow responsibilities:
- Providing face-to-face technical support to users of IT equipment.
- Following agreed procedures, respond to requests for assistance by providing information to enable users to resolve their problems
- Maintaining accurate records of all issues with resolution and contact details.
- Installation and routine maintenance of IT equipment including software
- Build or rebuild of IT equipment
- User coaching and completing “How Do I” training sessions
- Diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults
- Analysing incidents reported to spot trends and underlying issues
- Moves and changes of IT equipment
- Identify potential improvements in how technology can be used to support the business
- Participate in testing new applications and hardware as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience providing IT support to users at all levels
- Experience of providing IT support within a bank would be preferable
- Excellent analytical skills to quickly assess situations, their impact and options for resolution
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver within limited timescales
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Proven and demonstrable technical support proficiency for the following:
- MS Windows (all MS supported versions)
- MS Office (all MS supported versions)
- MS Outlook (all MS supported versions)
- Mobile technologies
- Apple & IOS knowledge would be preferable
- Market data and banking applications
Competitive + Benefits
Working 7.5 hours between the hours of 7am - 7pm
About the Company
Computacenter is the leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, enabling users and their business in a digital world. We advise organisations on IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology, optimise its performance, and manage our customers’ infrastructures. In doing this we help CIOs and IT departments in enterprise and corporate organisations maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 14,700 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues £3.79 billion again an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.