Senior Cloud Solutions Architect
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services and solutions. In our Consultancy Practice division, we set clear expectations, take a straightforward and pragmatic approach, and are honest with our customers throughout. If you are an Architect who has advised customers on their cloud journey and delivered Cloud Solutions, we’re ready to welcome you to the team. As a growing FTSE 250 PLC, we are rooted in core European countries; Computacenter combines global reach with local expertise. Customers with global requirements are served through an extensive international partner network, which mirrors the requirements of our European-headquartered client base.
Computacenter’s Consultancy Practice brings together around 250 technology and business consultants into a single unit that is recognised by our customers and partners as the industry leader for IT infrastructure services. Part of a close-knit team within our Consultancy Practice, you’ll enjoy an environment where people support and respect each other. The Platform & Hybrid IT Line of Business is growing rapidly and seeing growth across Private & Public Cloud, Containers and Security. This is an exciting time to join a consultancy team who are excelling in advising, designing and delivering cloud, container and security services.
The Consultancy Practice Mission is: To be recognised by our customers, partners and peers as the market leader for IT infrastructure consultancy services in terms of capability, results and the professional development of our people.
- This is a Cloud Architect Advisory focused role and will require engaging directly with customers in support of the clarification or shaping of needs; definition of requirements and priorities, identification of solution options and development of solutions.
- Be a trusted advisor with our customers, taking them through a journey in a consultative manner. This will involve engaging with the customer using Hybrid Cloud Adoption Frameworks and assisting with the business case and architecture in moving workloads to the cloud.
- Keep abreast of existing and evolving Computacenter standard portfolio solutions; monitor global IT developments, industry trends and competitors, to ensure our solutions appropriately exploit both current and future technologies in line with Computacenter CT guidelines.
- Being a leader and trusted advisor your role is to contribute to the practice strategy by suggesting new service capabilities, in particular bringing together services across the practice, and contributing to marketing activities such as writing white papers; media articles and briefing papers.
The Ideal Candidate
- Your experience in a customer-focused environment will already have given you the confidence to own and manage the scoping and definition of conceptual design by understanding and translating business requirements into technical solutions.
- Being an expert you will have delivered end to end Private & Public Cloud solutions using a number of vendors including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and other Cloud platforms, as well as the use of industry leading containers and orchestration tools.
- You will have a professional and dynamic approach, demonstrates a clear passion for delivering Secure IT services and solutions; Business analysis experience: Able to analyse and understand the customer’s requirements and expectations and select appropriate technologies to design an innovative winning technical solution.
- You will also be experienced in leading presentations to senior management level both internally and within the client arena, ideally as part of the bid process.
Competitive Salary + benefits scheme + car
About the Company
About The Company
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services worldwide, enabling users and their business in a digital world. Our 15,000 employees worldwide support our customers on their path to digital transformation. Since our foundation in 1981, we have grown steadily and we are proud to have been able to provide first-class support to our local & international customers with their IT strategy and concepts, implementation of the best-suited technology and management of their IT infrastructure anywhere in the world that it’s needed.
In doing this, we help CIOs and IT departments, in organisations around the world, maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
As we indicate in our values, Winning Together, we pride ourselves in our teamwork, our dedication to our keeping our promises, and offer a work environment that is friendly, open and supportive. Just like our customers, we want to see our employees learn and grow to their fullest potential.