Senior Business Analyst SAP (SD MM)
Senior Business Analyst – Group Technology Sourcing
A new opportunity has come for a Senior Business Analyst to become part of Computacenter, a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services. Based in Hatfield, the role will be reporting to the Service Owner responsible for Group Technology Sourcing (Inside Sales, Partner Management and Supply Chain Services). You will work closely with the business stakeholders and transformation team to analyse, develop and support innovative application solutions based on SAP SD/MM, accompanied by a wide range of bespoke applications.
Our Group Information Systems function deliver, manage and maintain systems that support Computacenter’s business. This includes our IT Infrastructure (Network, e-mail, file/print, internet) and our core applications.
Our mission statement is: To be recognised as an approachable, flexible and responsive Division which understands our customers’ needs and is committed to delivering innovative, cost effective services and solutions.
- Own and manage the project requirements definition stage of the project lifecycle, working closely with business stakeholders and transformation teams to define clear business needs and translate these into high quality functional specifications.
- Contribute to the development of business cases to support development of these ideas into a formal project engagement request.
- For many projects, you will be responsible for managing your assigned projects through to delivery. On larger projects you may do this with the support of a project manager/project co-ordinator. This role may also include the management of specialist third party partners. Alternatively, you may be required to manage a number of smaller tactical projects, depending on the priorities set by the business.
- As Senior BA, you will agree and therefore be accountable to the business for the success of your assigned projects, including the outcomes, deadlines and budget.
- You will need to identify synergies in overlapping projects or requirements, requiring the successful candidate to quickly develop a sound understanding of Computacenter’s system landscape. Identify cross-project dependencies, maximise opportunities for simplification, and effectively manage project constraints.
- Facilitate and contribute to successful user acceptance testing, in order to confirm requirements are met.
- You must be prepared to act as a point of escalation on complex issues and providing appropriate support where required to other team members. Where appropriate, operate a ‘shift left’ approach to ensure that support teams are actively engaged to deal with potential recurrences via Computacenter’s Next Generation Service Desk.
- Actively participate in team meetings, proactively suggesting improvements to systems and processes, helping driving the team to constantly improve and innovate.
- You will be responsible for doing your part in achieving the delivery of both department and team targets/objectives.
The Ideal Candidate
What we are looking for is IT project related experience in delivering business solutions, with knowledge of SAP (SD/MM), experience in data migration and non SAP platforms including E-Commerce (Hybris is an advantage). You will also need to have expert knowledge of requirements gathering processes previous track record of managing and contributing to multiple projects at the same time and solid communication and influencing skills. Ability to work in a challenging commercial environment and flexibility to travel (US and Europe) is also required.
About the Company
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services worldwide, enabling users and their business in a digital world. Our 15,000 employees worldwide support our customers on their path to digital transformation. Since our foundation in 1981, we have grown steadily and we are proud to have been able to provide first-class support to our local & international customers with their IT strategy and concepts, implementation of the best-suited technology and management of their IT infrastructure anywhere in the world that it’s needed.
In doing this, we help CIOs and IT departments, in organisations around the world, maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
As we indicate in our values, Winning Together, we pride ourselves in our teamwork, our dedication to our keeping our promises, and offer a work environment that is friendly, open and supportive. Just like our customers, we want to see our employees learn and grow to their fullest potential.