Secure Networking Infrastructure Architect
Network Automation, Software Defined Networking, Next Generation Secure Cloud Networking.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for Infrastructure Solution Architects to join our dynamic and rapidly expanding Networking and Security Consultancy Practice within Computacenter. The successful Architect will report directly to the Networking & Security Practice Leader, joining an already healthy sized team, but due to pipeline we need additional talented individuals.
Our Consultancy Practice mission is ‘to be recognised by our customers, partners and peers as the market leader for IT consultancy services in terms of capability, delivery outcomes and the professional development of our people’. Supported by our core values of ‘Putting Customers First, Being Straightforward, Keeping Promises, Understanding People Matter, Considering the Long Term and Inspiring Success’ which promote our ‘Winning Together’ culture.
Year-on-year we invest significantly in the development of our people and services, covering technical and professional training, vendor accreditation and the creation of new and innovative services and solutions for our customers. People development is a core part of our organisational DNA, and many of our most senior consultants have progressed their careers through the ranks, supported by the exceptional training on offer, and all reinforced by our long standing accreditation as an Investor in People, for which we were recently upgraded to Silver status.
Joining this exciting team will open opportunities for you to contribute to both our business and our propositions; we believe Computacenter provides unrivalled scope to advance your career and develop your professional skills. To be successful you will have the following attributes
- Responding, proposing, designing, implementing and transitioning secure Network IT solutions. The ideal candidate will have a very strong secure networking background and demonstrable appreciation of network security, automation and software defined requirements, backed by related accreditations from main vendors such as Cisco Systems, Juniper Networks, F5 and HP Aruba.
- Identifying, understanding and conducting gap analysis between current and future state of large customers secure networking environments across all sectors, including advisory services and making roadmap recommendations
- Understand, translate and gap analysis against organisational business requirements (policies, standards, contractual and regulatory)
- Leading multi-disciplinary business and technical infrastructure work streams in secure campus and multi-cloud networking solutions
- Leading and assuring the end-to-end pre-sales and delivery of multiple environments (Development, Test & Production, proof of concept) as well as the necessary processes; technical governance and quality assurance, structured change management and the successful transition of delivered infrastructure to operational management and support.
- Development of customers vision, strategy and roadmap for networking architectures and solutions, and ensuring alignment with the Business requirements and direction
- Designing and assuring secure networking solutions for the modern business including multi-cloud environments
- Developing and continuously improving Computacenter services, standards, processes and key go to market propositions
The Ideal Candidate
- You will have a strong network security background with long standing secure networking experience, around Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Automation and orchestration, and secure cloud networking
- Development of security vision, strategy and roadmap ensuring alignment with the Business Strategy
- Building networking frameworks, blueprints and templates including service and product descriptions
- Experience in leading teams responsible for delivering wide range of networking services
- Mapping existing processes against regulatory and legal requirements (e.g. GDPR, PCI-DSS, ISO 27001) and conducting gap analysis between current state and future state
- Demonstrable experience of customer engagement lifecycles including Pre-Sales gathering / eliciting and defining of requirements, solution design and cost model creation, in delivery, designing and implementing security solutions (HLD and LLD) to effectively address identified security gaps and requirements
- Enterprise wide network architecture and design for on premise and hybrid-cloud based networking solutions
- Evidence of performing technical and operational governance and quality assurance against pre-sales and delivery engagements including validating security compliance and requirements are met
- Gap analysis against organisational security requirements (policies, standards, contractual and regulatory security requirement)
- Cybersecurity and privacy principles and organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation)
- Network design processes, to include understanding of security objectives, operational objectives, and trade-offs
- Architectural principles, procedures and roadmap development (TOGAF)
- BCS International Diploma in Consultancy
- Prince 2 Foundation / Practitioner
- IT Service Management (ITIL) Foundation / Practitioner
Competitive Package incl Car
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers’ infrastructures.