Second Line Desktop Analyst - 24/7 Shift
Computacenter is Europe's leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, enabling users and their business. We advise organisations on IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology, optimise its performance, and manage our customers’ infrastructures. Coming into the dedicated customer 24/7 Shift Team in Milton Keynes as a 2nd Line Desktop Analyst for one of Computacenter’s most highly regarded customers, providing high level desktop support to the onsite stakeholders. The role will focus on Windows desktop operating systems, Active Directory and Microsoft Office to name a few elements.
Shift Team, the 2nd Line Desktop Support Analyst will be actively involved in managing and resolving all desktop related IT incidents providing the highest level of customer support and service. You will also act as a single point of contact for related incidents working with the relevant ticketing and call logging system to track and update issues and requests, so that stakeholders are fully informed at all times. Upholding a high level of customer service will also be key, as the successful 2nd Line Desktop Support Analyst will be supporting users at various levels within the business.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need Desktop support experience/exposure at a second line level, and working knowledge Microsoft products. You will also have experience of working to tight SLAs and manging your own workload. You will be given the opportunity to have a key hand in improving the service to a high profile customer. This will not only raise your own profile within Computacenter, but also allow you to learn further systems and technology elements to drive up your own skill set. We look for someone who can communicate with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels as the account this role is aligned to is a high flying and a flagship one for us.
- Windows Desktop operating systems,
- Windows Server operating systems
- HP Client Management software
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Office
- Printers, scanners and other peripherals
- Call logging software
The successful candidate must be able to undertake SC clearance.
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services. We can advise customers on their IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our clients’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about us
- Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
- Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group. 2016 adjusted profit before tax was £86.4 million. Revenues were £3.25 billion
- Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
- Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
- At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.