ScienceLogic Monitoring Platform Owner
As a FTSE 250 PLC, we are rooted in core European countries, Computacenter combines global reach with local expertise. We operate Global Service Desks and Infrastructure Operations Centers across Europe, South Africa and Asia from which our employees provide user support in 18 languages. Customers with global requirements are served through an extensive international partner network, which mirrors the requirements of our European-headquartered client base.
We get to know our customers, so we can respond to their needs – join us as an Monitoring Systems - Technical Service Owner – here in Hatfield and we’ll get to know you as a person, not just an employee, so we can understand your interests and ambitions.
- Technical service ownership of the Science Logic platform as well as other technical tools used to support the Computacenter services business, with a strong emphasis on managing projects, changes, incidents and problems
- Technical leadership of design changes to ensure they are carefully considered against the shared platforms
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with both internal and external senior stakeholders regarding pertinent platform activities, projects and important problems
- Design and implement short and long term strategic plans/roadmaps to ensure the platforms functionality and capacity meets existing and future business initiatives/requirements.
- Lead and support pre-sales, business take-on and customer change projects
- Lead, manage and evaluate vendors/strategic providers and develop strong working relationships
- Develop, implement, and maintain system standards, policies, procedures, and health checks for the platform
- Lead and support all IT security related activities
- Direct management of your team – provide leadership, coaching and conduct performance reviews
- Experience of off-shoring services and managing vendors/suppliers off-shore
- P&L Management including cost recovery models
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for someone who can live up to our reputation for delivering on promises – someone who can solve problems creatively to get the job done.
- Exceptional knowledge of Infrastructure Monitoring Platforms, ideally Science Logic, Net Line dancer and NetFlow
- Good knowledge of Rundeck/Runbook based automations
- Knowledge of PowerShell and Python
- Good general IT knowledge with some experience of application integration
- Must have demonstrated leadership, including coaching and mentoring a team
- Good experience in Vendor and Contract Management.
- Ability to perform general financial calculations for the purpose of creating needs assessments, capital funding, expense planning, budgets, etc.
- Ability to present ideas, new technology in a user-friendly language/manner.
- Highly self-motivated and directed; proven analytical and problem-solving abilities; strong customer service orientation; strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritize; strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Willingness to travel when required
- The ideal candidate should be ITIL qualified.
Competitive & Benefits
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers’ infrastructures.