SQL Server Consultant
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Technical Consultant to join our dynamic and rapidly expanding Consultancy Practice within Computacenter, with a strong focus on Microsoft SQL Server. The role can be based from any of our offices and will involve regular UK wide travel. The Technical Consultant will assist with pre and post sales consultancy to our customers, acting as technical resource within a team of consultants.
The role requires in depth technical expertise in SQL Server technology (multiple editions and versions), in standalone, virtualised, clustered and cloud environments as demonstrated by experience in administering or consulting on the product.
- Solution Design
- Design and configuration of high availability and disaster recovery scenarios
- Designing robust implementation and migration plans;
- SQL Server performance tuning and health checks
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Scalability planning
- SQL Server maintenance and operations
In addition, the candidate will need experience in conducting technical performance and scalability reviews, SQL Server design reviews, SQL Server High Availability reviews, etc
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in Cloud offerings for SQL Server – Azure and/or AWS.
- Proven experience with AlwaysOn Availability Groups and Failover Clustering
- A good knowledge of the SQL Server Business Intelligence stack is a great plus
- A broad awareness of storage (including replication), networking, Active Directory and server technologies (including virtualisation)
- Demonstrated ability to present formal training to a number of delegates and/or published technical SQL Server articles in any format (blog, white paper, internal training documentation etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to engage in IT discussions related to availability, agility, business value, security management, disaster recovery and data protection.
- An awareness of other database technologies (Sybase, Oracle).
- Fluent in T-SQL
- Microsoft certifications in SQL Server 2012/14 or above.
Competitive - Car package + Benefits
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers’ infrastructures.