Computacenter are at the forefront of end user IT management. From planning projects, to IT deployments, we take pride in our work and the service we offer and then deliver to our customers.
We are looking for an experienced Resource Manager to join this experienced and successful team in guiding the next phases of what we do so well. If you have a passion for customer service and are keen on working as a market leader in the IT industry, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
As a Resource manager you will be responsible for a skilled group of skilled IT engineers, managing their workload efficiently to ensure high quality delivery of our services to our high-profile customers. You will build strong and productive relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally, customer satisfaction is key. End to end management of service delivery will be your main driver, so forecasting, understanding client need and effective work scheduling will all be important parts of this challenging and varied role, some of the daily responsibilities are:
- To conduct regular service reviews with aligned internal and/or external customers
- Effectively manage the team of engineers - including all aspects of performance management
- Carry out regular and planned site visits taking effective and timely action on any issues raised
- Produce and manage training and development plans in line with our objectives
- Recruit and induct high calibre engineers
- Carry out contractor vetting in line with forecasted requirements working closely with the Recruitment team
- processes and procedures as required by the role
- Attend scheduled management meetings as required and carry out any actions in a timely and effective manner
- Work closely with the regional scheduling team to ensure that the team of engineers is appropriately and effectively utilised
- Effective cost control
The Ideal Candidate
So, what are we looking for from you?
- Excellent management, leadership and coaching skills - either from an IT engineering or supervisory background
- Background and deep understanding in IT service delivery
- The ability to present information and key deliverables to both internal stakeholders and customers
- Knowledge of HR practices and procedures including Working Time Directive and Health & Safety
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivated and assertive
- Able to work with remote teams
What is most important here is a want and desire to deliver for a customer, push a department forward, not be afraid to challenge the ‘norm’, all while being highly professional. If you have a technical background and IT understanding, this will certainly be an advantage.
In return for your commitment and drive, you will receive a great path of progression, we offer excellent levels of training in commercial understanding, the opportunity to work alongside both highly experienced and supportive Service Delivery Managers drawing upon their knowledge, to further your career and a great team atmosphere which is essential to a successful and collaborative working structure.
Competitive Salary + Benefits
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers’ infrastructures.