An opportunity has arisen for a Resource Manager to become part of an ever expanding Consultancy Practice, which has seen significant growth over the last few years.
We require you to lead and manage a team of professional Consultants on a day to day basis. Effectively managing your technical delivery team and individuals within it as if it was your own business; including all aspects of performance management, carrying out regular and planned communication. Focusing on the training and development of your team, coaching people to ensure they have the necessary skills to be able to deliver Infrastructure Services to internal and external customers whilst providing excellent customer service at all times
Operational & People Management (60%)
- Manages cost lines of P&L to ensure effective contribution and overall profitability of your team
- Manage, develop and coach your teams to provide excellent customer service and delivery to plan
- Effectively manage the team of consultants - including all aspects of performance management, scheduling and quality of service
- Carry out regular and planned communication and/or site visits taking effective and timely action on any issues raised
- Produce and manage training and development plans in line with Corporate objectives
- Involvement in the recruitment and induction of consultants
- Co-ordinate and run Appraisals reviews annually
- Ensure that all administrative duties are planned and carried out in a timely manner in line with corporate goals
- Compliance with corporate and divisional H&S and HR policies
- Manage resource plans and internal customer expectations/escalations around these
- Provide advice within specialist area to peer group, customers and if applicable direct reports
- Participate in and co-ordinate projects relevant to specialist area or practice objectives
- Maintain confidentiality in all business related matters
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure best practice and continual improvement in delivery of service
- Establishes productive relationships and networks at an operational level
- Responsible for the adoption of CC best practice and service offerings to ensure consistency of service.
- Lead, motivate and inspire the team
- Act as a role model through personal conduct and contribution at all times
- Create a team environment where open and honest feedback is actively encouraged
- Build an effective and cohesive team where everyone feels valued
- Set clear objectives for the team members and the team as a whole
- Promote and recognise performance excellence
- Provide clear and unambiguous communication.
Customer Satisfaction (10%)
- Support the achievement of Customer Satisfaction levels in line with corporate goals.
- Review and management of customer feedback e.g. eCSQ and email.
- Management of local relationships.
- Ensure that the team is focussed on delivering best of breed customer excellence.
The Ideal Candidate
- Commercially aware
- Excellent management, leadership and coaching skills
- Good written and verbal communication and experience of presenting to small to medium groups
- Knowledge of HR practices and procedures including Working Time Directive and Health & Safety
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Self motivated and assertive
- Ability to contribute to, support and work with geographically distributed teams
- Management of a team of 20+ resources
- Have an awareness and understanding of the IT marketplace
UK wide role, head office in Hatfield
Competitive Salary + Company car scheme + flexible benefits package
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues of £3.79 billion an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.