Regional Manager (Resource Manager)
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services with revenues in 2016 of £3.25 billion and circa, 14,000 employees, listed on the London Stock Exchange and a constituent of the FTSE 250 index.
In our Project and Programme Practice, we continue to expand our pipeline and record of business wins because we set clear expectations, take a straightforward and pragmatic approach, and are honest with our customers throughout a project. The Practice now comprises of over 600 qualified professionals who deliver these services through in excess of 150 projects each year, making Computacenter Projects and Programmes Practice one of the largest project management presences in our marketplace.
We deliver a range of infrastructure projects typically including contractual service transitions, transformations, data centre relocations, rollouts, WAN and IP projects, VDI/Virtualisation and a range of Cloud related engagements; you’ll work across this project range, getting to know many different customers.
This role will be to lead and line manage a team of professional project managers of varying levels on a day to day basis and including their training and development, performance management and process adherence. Ensuring that the team have the necessary skills to be able to deliver Infrastructure Services to internal and external customers whilst providing excellent customer service at all times. Effectively manage a team of professional project managers - including all aspects of performance management and 121 meetings, carry out regular and planned communication and/or site visits where appropriate taking effective and timely action on any issues raised.
Operational & People Management (60%)
- Effectively manage a team of professional project managers - including all aspects of performance management and 121 meetings
- Carry out regular and planned communication and/or site visits where appropriate taking effective and timely action on any issues raised.
- Produce and manage training and development plans in line with corporate objectives.
- Ensure all systems and processes (i.e. timesheets, absence, etc.) used in an appropriate and timely manner by the team
- Involvement in recruitment and induction of all project staff using the approved HR recruitment methodology and preferred suppliers list.
- Lead, motivate and inspire the team.
- Act as a role model through personal conduct and contribution at all times.
- Create a team environment where open and honest feedback is actively encouraged.
- Build an effective and cohesive team where everyone feels valued.
- To promote and recognise performance excellence.
- Provide clear and unambiguous communication.
Customer Satisfaction (10%)
- Support the achievement of Customer Satisfaction levels in line with corporate goals.
- Review and manage customer feedback e.g. eCSQ and email.
- Management of local relationships.
- Ensure that the team is focussed on delivering best of breed customer excellence.
- Travel to customer sites where appropriate for customer meetings or service reviews
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent management, leadership and coaching skills
- Good written and verbal communication and experience of presenting to small to medium groups
- Knowledge of HR practices and procedures including Working Time Directive and Health & Safety
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Self motivated and assertive
- Ability to contribute to, support and work with geographically distributed teams
- Management of a team of 20+ resources
- Commercially aware
- Understanding of Shared Service support delivery
- Have an awareness and understanding of the IT marketplace
- Confident in the use of MS Office
Competitive Salary + Car or Car Allowance + Attractive Benefits Package
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues of £3.79 billion an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.