The Office & Facilities Co-ordinator is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the Milton Keynes Service Centre and supporting the management team. Providing a wide range of administrative, logistical and organisational support duties of a responsible and confidential nature.
- Ordering of all stationery, supplies and equipment, allowing the costs to be monitored at a centralised point
- Ensuring that the office is kept clean and tidy and free of rubbish
- Organising and facilitating office utilisation in the form of desk moves for new services or increases to current service desks. This will include regular discussions with the Senior Operations Managers to review staff numbers, desk space and allocation of kit.
- Liaising with on site IS for any issues we may have in site for requests for new or replacement kit.
- Liaising and working with the facilities department for servicing and maintenance of equipment.
- Working with the Landlord and local contractors when needed for general maintenance, repairs and specific issues to the building that may affect our business.
- Ordering of any kit that is required, ranging from desktops to headsets.
- Maintaining and managing a maintenance book and working with the onsite maintenance engineer who attends site weekly for any outstanding issues that do not require specialist attention.
- Working with the Deskside Support to ensure that plans are in place for new contracts or increase to current service desks so we have adequate kit in place.
- Liaising with RDC for the removal of unwanted or out of life kit.
- Approving all new requests for distribution lists for the GSD.
- Maintaining the GSD UK distribution list.
- Ensuring that the stock levels of stationery are maintained for both areas, ideally working to an agreed stock level.
- Working with CC Security on an issues that arise surrounds security, including investigations of theft or reviewing CCTV.
- Ensuring that we have adequate desk cleaning materials in stock for the staff. It is the responsibility of all staff to keep their work area clean and tidy.
- Writing and implementing policies that are related to the running of the office, i.e. desk move policy, headset policy, eating at your desk etc.
- Reviewing best practices for the office, ensuring that we are operating cost effectively.
- Covering the reception desk when requires, with the ability to do full time hours.
- Providing administrative support with Hays for contractor recruitment, including planning for new contracts and analysis of costing and spend.
- Adhoc duties as requested by line manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and multi-task.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- MS Office to an advanced level.
- Assertive with a professional approach to all aspects of the role.
- Approachable and confident in dealing with all levels of staff.
- Self-motivated as aspects of this role will be working alone to achieve tasks
- Able to influence and make balanced decisions under pressure.
9 month fixed term Receptionist
FOC Gym access
About the Company
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services worldwide, enabling users and their business in a digital world. Our 15,000 employees worldwide support our customers on their path to digital transformation. Since our foundation in 1981, we have grown steadily and we are proud to have been able to provide first-class support to our local & international customers with their IT strategy and concepts, implementation of the best-suited technology and management of their IT infrastructure anywhere in the world that it’s needed.
In doing this, we help CIOs and IT departments, in organisations around the world, maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
As we indicate in our values, Winning Together, we pride ourselves in our teamwork, our dedication to our keeping our promises, and offer a work environment that is friendly, open and supportive. Just like our customers, we want to see our employees learn and grow to their fullest potential.