If you are a Project Manager looking for high-level end-to-end responsibility for the delivery of complex, varied and high-value IT projects, Computacenter is the place to be.
As a Project Manager in Computacenter’s Projects & Programmes Practice, you will manage entire projects of work-streams on larger projects and programmes.
- Achieve profitability and customer satisfaction on projects through astute commercial management (eg Fixed Price, Time and Materials or Resource on Demand).
- Develop, build and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally in order to achieve project objectives.
- Produce management reports through our relevant tools to provide up to date information on project progress ie Finances, Risk & Issue, Customer Dependencies and Change.
- Produce required project documentation to enable successful project outcomes.
- Coordinate and plan resource requirements to ensure project outcome deadlines are adhered to.
- Compliance with Projects Practice lifecycle to ensure best practice.
- Pre-sales (leading, scoping, estimating and designing the project or assuring the solution) through delivery and into closure.
- Leading, guiding, motivating and directing a Team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Trained in Prince2, with a Practitioner qualification or equivalent.
- A demonstrable track record of delivering less-complex large assignments and successful project outcomes.
- Demonstrable leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships.
- Ability to apply influencing skills appropriately to enable the required outcomes for your stakeholders and to enable positive assignment outcomes.
- Understand the wider context of the project you are leading.
- Ability to articulate the value of project management to internal and external customers.
- Skilled user of Microsoft applications ie Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Project and other relevant tools.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
- Have lived in the UK for the last 5 years.
- Hold a full UK driving licence and be flexible to travel and work at customer sites nationwide when required.
Competitive + benefits
About the Company
Computacenter is the leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, enabling users and their business in a new digital world. We advise organisations on IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology, optimise its performance, and manage our customers’ infrastructures. In doing this we help CIOs and IT departments within enterprise and corporate organisations to maximise their productivity and the business value of their IT for their internal and external users.
The Practice now comprises of over 600 qualified professionals who deliver in excess of 150 projects each year on a range of infrastructure projects typically including contractual service transitions, transformations, data centre relocations, rollouts, WAN and IP projects, VDI/Virtualisation and a range of Cloud related engagements for a variety of customers.
Alongside of these, you may also work within a Projects & Portfolio Office (PPO) aligned to a contractual service customer account, or you may be aligned to the Central Project Office (CPO) providing central support to a number of projects across the Practice.