Principal Network Consultant - ACI
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within our Consultancy Practice for a Networking Professional to join our dynamic and rapidly expanding Network Security Team at Computacenter, this exciting role will see you working on the design and delivery of projects with a strong focus on the latest emerging technologies in SDN, Network as Code and Next Generation Campus technologies.
Computacenter’s Consultancy Practice NetSec Team benefits from key, long term Partnerships with the likes of Cisco, Arista, Aruba, VMWare , F5, McAfee and Microsoft (Gold Partner), designing and delivering the very latest Network Security solutions to our enterprise customers.
Working within a Group Practice of 250 consultants both Service and Personal development will be a key focus to ensure you stay at the forefront of emerging technologies
The Principal Consultant will deliver post sales technical consultancy to our customers. This includes the design, implementation and configuration of complex, broad and diverse mix of enterprise-scale engagements. In addition, the Principal Consultant will provide pre-sales support to internal and external customers in defining complex technical solutions.
- Proven ability to design complex multi-vendor Enterprise Network and Security solutions that meet customer requirements
- Carry out pre-sales engagements; qualification of design and/or opportunities to win customer business
- Attend customer meetings to understand the customer needs, develop supporting statement of requirements (SoR) and translate SoR into practical and/or innovative solutions
- Use your industry experience and Computacenter governance process to ensure we deliver consistent high quality, right first time, outcomes
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across Computacenter
- Keep up to date with current and future market developments, technologies, product and strategies
- Embrace opportunities to learn and support new emerging technologies in line with the business and practice strategy
- Lead on-site teams of consultants to deliver successful outcomes
- Input into the Quality Assurance function as part of the pre-sales governance process
- Mentor consultants to increase their knowledge and application of technology and process
- Be a proactive member of the Network Team, share ideas and collateral and support new technology strategies
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong networking skills, full CCIE level required, with experience
- Strong Cisco ACI Skills, hands on experience and knowledge of solutions
- Software Defined Network (SDN) experience in VMWare NSX and/or OpenStack
- Experience with Ansible and/or Python programming skills, and Jenkins model, with the appetite to continue development
- Working experience of API integration with primary vendor platforms (i.e. Cisco, Arista, VMWare)
- Relevant qualifications or accreditations in one or more technology area(s).
- Ability to design complex technical solutions and provide input into bid, project and technical documents
- Broad knowledge of the business benefits that technical solutions can provide
- More than 7 years' experience in designing networking and security solutions across a wide range of vendors such as Cisco, VMware etc
- Willingness to develop their own skills to maintain currency in market trends
- Cisco CCIE (full –CCIE number required)
- Building the Cisco Cloud with Application Centric Infrastructure (CLDACI)
Principal Network Consultant – ACI
UK Wide – with regular client travel
Competitive Salary + Car + Pension + Sharesave + Consultative and Technical training
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers’ infrastructures.