Principal Network Consultant – SDN
A fantastic opportunity within our Consultancy Practice for a Networking Professional to join our dynamic and rapidly expanding Network Security Team at Computacenter, this exciting role will see you working on design and delivery projects with a strong focus on the latest, leading SDWAN technologies!
Computacenter’s Consultancy Practice NetSec Team benefit from key, long term Partnerships with the likes of Cisco, Symantec , F5, Splunk , McAfee and Microsoft (Gold Partner), designing and delivering the very latest Network Security solutions to our enterprise customers.
Working within a Group Practice of 250 consultants both Service and Personal development will be a key focus to ensure you stay at the forefront of emerging technologies
The Principal Consultant will deliver post sales technical consultancy to our customers. This includes the design, implementation and configuration of complex, broad and diverse mix of enterprise-scale engagements. In addition the Principal Consultant will provide pre-sales support to internal and external customers in defining complex technical solutions.
- Proven ability to design complex multi-vendor Enterprise Network and Security solutions and to meet customer requirements
- Carry out pre-sales engagement; qualification of design and/or opportunities to win customer business
- Attend and present at customer meetings to ensure and understanding of customer requirements and to assist with knowledge transfer
- Follow the governance process to ensure we deliver consistently and to high standard
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across Computacenter
- Keep up to date with current and future market developments, technologies, product and strategies
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to design complex multi technology solutions
- Strong networking skills, up to CCIE level (certification not a requirement) with experience
- Relevant qualifications or accreditations in one or more technology area(s).
- Ability to design complex technical solutions and provide input into bid, project and technical documents
- Broad knowledge of the business benefits that technical solutions can provide
- More than 5 years' experience in designing networking and security solutions across a wide range of vendors such as Cisco, VMware etc
- Willingness to develop SD-WAN knowledge/become proficient, as part of the role
Competitive + Car Package
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers’ infrastructures.