Principal Consultant – SD-WAN
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Principal Consultant to join our dynamic and rapidly expanding Network Security Team within Computacenter, with a strong focus on the leading SD WAN technologies. The role will involve regular travel throughout the UK.
The Principal Consultant will deliver pre and post sales technical consultancy to our customers. This includes the design, implementation and configuration of complex, broad and diverse mix of enterprise-scale engagements. In addition the Principal Consultant will provide pre-sales support to internal and external customers in defining complex technical solutions.
As a predominately client facing role you need proven skills in a customer facing position, designing and implementing SD WAN technologies to corporate or public sector organisations.
Working within a Group Practice of 250 consultants both Service and Personal development will be a key focus to ensure you stay at the forefront of emerging technologies.
- Carry out pre-sales engagement; qualification of design and/or opportunities to win customer business
- Attend and present at customer meetings to ensure and understanding of customer requirements and to assist with knowledge transfer
- Follow the governance process to ensure we deliver consistently and to high standard
- Quality assure all deliverables produced by team members to ensure consistency and accuracy of data
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across Computacenter
- Keep up to date with current and future market developments, technologies, product and strategies
- Act in accordance with Computacenter Information Security Policies and report any potential or actual Security events or other Security risks to the organisation
- Proven ability to design complex multi-vendor Enterprise Network and Security solutions and to meet customer requirements
- In-depth knowledge and strong operational experience of products
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to design complex multi technology solutions
- Proven relevant experience.
- Strong networking skills, up to CCIE level (certification not a requirement) with experience
- Relevant qualifications or accreditations in one or more technology area(s).
- Ability to design complex technical solutions and provide input into bid, project and technical documents
- Broad knowledge of the business benefits that technical solutions can provide
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to present at large internal and external audiences
- More than 5 years' experience in designing networking and security solutions across a wide range of vendors such as Cisco, VMware etc
- Ideally qualified to Cisco CCIE or minimum CCDP/CCNP and with proven experience across other leading vendors including HP, Juniper, Arista, and Palo Alto, Meraki
- Technical expertise in, wireless networks, network security, Load balancing
- Must have a strong interest in technology and keen to learn
- Desirable – SD-WAN, general sound knowledge of SDN principles. Automation experience using Ansible a bonus
Willingness to develop SD-WAN knowledge/become proficient, as part of the role
Competitive + Car Package
About the Company
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services worldwide, enabling users and their business in a digital world. Our 15,000 employees worldwide support our customers on their path to digital transformation. Since our foundation in 1981, we have grown steadily and we are proud to have been able to provide first-class support to our local & international customers with their IT strategy and concepts, implementation of the best-suited technology and management of their IT infrastructure anywhere in the world that it’s needed.
In doing this, we help CIOs and IT departments, in organisations around the world, maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
As we indicate in our values, Winning Together, we pride ourselves in our teamwork, our dedication to our keeping our promises, and offer a work environment that is friendly, open and supportive. Just like our customers, we want to see our employees learn and grow to their fullest potential