Principal Consultant – End User Platforms
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Principal Consultant to join our dynamic and rapidly expanding Consultancy Practice within Computacenter.
Our Consultancy Practice mission is to be recognised by our customers, partners and peers as the market leader for IT consultancy services in terms of capability, delivery outcomes and the professional development of our people’.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Principal Consultant to join our dynamic and rapidly expanding End User Consultancy Practice within Computacenter, with a strong focus on Microsoft desktop and deployment technologies. The role will involve extensive travel throughout the UK.
The Principal will deliver both pre and post sales technical consultancy to our customers, leading teams of consultants in delivery/implementation engagements as well as providing pre-sales qualification, bid response and design to consultancy engagements.
As a senior team member a Principal Consultant has responsibility for providing technical leadership to the team and providing guidance to internal and external customers in defining complex technical strategies with leading edge technologies.
As a predominately client facing consultant you need proven skills in designing and implementing Microsoft desktop and deployment technologies to both the private and public sector throughout the UK.
As the UK market leader, with over 55% of Windows enterprise migrations in the UK and the 3rd largest Windows
- Lead the technical elements of pre-sales responses
- Host customer opportunity / strategy meetings, including presenting solutions from a commercial and business perspective
- Provide technical governance of in-flight projects
- Complete technical designs
- Undertake individual consultancy assignments, analysing customer requirements, gathering and analysing data, recommending solutions
- Technically manage the design and implementation of large scale solutions
- Ensure consultancy assignments are undertaken consistently and with quality, using Prince2.
- Highlight all technical risks so that any Computacenter's exposure to commercial loss can be minimised.
- Keep up to date with current and future market developments, technologies, product and strategies.
- Attend and present at customer workshops and meetings
- Produce / update all assignment documentation
- Quality assure deliverables produced by team members to ensure consistency and accuracy within a single technology solution.
- Identify other Computacenter service and sales opportunities
- Build and enhance relationships with peers and Computacenter's sales force (Account Managers, Client Directors and Sales Specialists)
- Mentor other consultants
The Ideal Candidate
- Practical experience of using a consultancy framework / methodology
- Extensive experience of presales, RFP responses and determining customer requirements
- Ability to design complex technical solutions
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to deal with sensitive customer issues
- Ability to provide input into bid, project and technical documents
- Negotiating skills
- Presentation experience
- Consultancy experience in a similar organisation
- Detailed product knowledge of the following technologies;
- Desktop deployment experience – enterprise deployments of Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- Desktop configuration experience (ADK, MDT, creation of Task Sequences,) – Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- Deployment Toolset(s) – System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Current Branch, SCCM 2012
- Co-management of Windows 10 using SCCM, Intune and Azure Active Directory
- Desktop productivity suite configuration and deployment knowledge – Office 365 ProPlus, Office 2016, Office 2013, Office 2010
- Desktop security products knowledge – BitLocker or relevant disk encryption software / Security Compliance Manager (SCM) / security baselines for the client platform
- Directory Services – creation of group policy objects for desktop operating systems
- Scripting – PowerShell / VBScript
- Microsoft Desktop Optimisation Pack (MDOP) – App-V / MBAM
- Microsoft Professional Qualifications – additional accreditations with other vendors desirable
- Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Server knowledge
- Intune Mobile Device Management (MDM) and Enterprise Management Suite
- MS Security Products – Windows Defender and Defender ATP
- 1E – Windows Servicing Suite, Nomad
- Desktop virtualisation – Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, VMware View
- OneDrive for Business
- MS Exchange / Skype for Business
- Ivanti – Endpoint Manager, Application Manager and Environment Manager
Competitive Package incl Car
About the Company
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, enabling users and their business in a digital world. We advise organisations on IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology, optimise its performance, and manage our customers’ infrastructures. In doing this we help CIOs and IT departments in enterprise and corporate organisations maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
Computacenter provides user support, supply chain management, and secure provision of applications and data to support individual working styles and improve collaboration. To achieve this, we assist with consulting as well as the implementation and operation of networks and datacenter infrastructures on or off customers’ premises and in the cloud.
Computacenter combines global reach with local expertise. We operate Infrastructure Operations Centers and Group Service Desks across Europe, South Africa, Asia and the Americas from which our employees provide user support in 30 languages. Customers with global requirements are served through an extensive international partner network, which mirrors the requirements of our European-headquartered client base.