Principal Consultant - End User Collaboration & Identity
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Principal Consultant to join our dynamic and rapidly expanding Consultancy Practice within Computacenter.
Our Consultancy Practice mission is to be recognised by our customers, partners and peers as the market leader for IT consultancy services in terms of capability, delivery outcomes and the professional development of our people.
Year-on-year we invest significantly in the development of our people and services, covering technical and professional training, vendor accreditation and the creation of new and innovative services and solutions for our customers. People development is a core part of our organisational DNA, and many of our most senior consultants have progressed their careers through the ranks, supported by the exceptional training on offer, and all reinforced by our long-standing accreditation as an Investor in People, for which we were recently upgraded to Silver status.
Joining this exciting team will open opportunities for you to contribute to both our business and our propositions; we believe Computacenter provides unrivalled scope to advance your career and develop your professional skills.
The Principal will deliver both pre and post sales technical consultancy to our customers, leading teams of consultants in delivery/implementation engagements as well as providing pre-sales qualification, bid response and design to consultancy engagements.As a senior team member, a Principal Consultant has responsibility for providing technical leadership to the team and providing guidance to internal and external customers in defining complex technical strategies with leading edge technologies.
- Assist with pre-sales engagement; qualification of design and/or opportunities to win customer business.
- Attend customer opportunity meetings in order to ensure understanding of customer requirements.
- Lead assignments ensuring solutions meet the customer contractual requirements and on occasions act as technical lead to achieve appropriate outcomes and deliverables.
- Quality assure deliverables produced by team members to ensure consistency and accuracy of data within a single technology solution.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across Computacenter and vendor partnerships.
- Keep up to date with current and future market developments, technologies, product and strategies.
- Manage the design and implementation of technical solutions.
- Adhere to administrative processes in line with company guidelines.
- Act in accordance with Computacenter Information Security Policies.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified or accredited in appropriate technologies incl :
- MS Exchange, Active Directory
- Azure (Desirable) - Specifically migrating customers from the former to cloud based versions
- Graduate level or relevant technical experience within a large organisation or IT Industry
- Ability to design complex technical solutions and provide input into bid, project and technical documents.
- Broader knowledge and capability to formally articulate the business benefits that technical solutions offer.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to present to large internal and external audiences.
- Ability to lead and organise a large virtual technical team, with good negotiation and people management skills.
- Excellent time management of self and others.
Competitive + Car + Pension + Sharesave + Professional and Technical training (including conferences)
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers’ infrastructures