Personal Assistant to Executive Director - 12 month fixed term contract
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, enabling users and their businesses. We get to know our customers, so we can respond to their needs – join us as a Personal Assistant to an Executive Director on a 12 month fixed term contract based in Hatfield or London and we’ll get to know you as a person, not just an employee, so we can understand your interests and ambitions.
As a FTSE 250 PLC, we are rooted in core European countries, Computacenter combines global reach with local expertise. We operate Infrastructure Operations Centres and Group Service Desks across Europe, South Africa and Asia from which our employees provide user support in 18 languages. Customers with global requirements are served through an extensive international partner network, which mirrors the requirements of our European-headquartered client base.
What will you be doing?
- Extensive diary management
- Booking and arranging meetings, including meeting and greeting external attendees, organising catering etc Meeting preparation, producing agendas, producing minutes and following up actions etc
- Reviewing workload with Director
- Management and vetting of emails, creating suitable responses on behalf of Director where appropriate. Prioritisation of emails and categorisation
- Administration of direct reports’ personnel issues, including holiday, bonuses, pay review submission etc
- Dealing with and vetting of phone calls, internal and external
- Monitoring expenditure approvals that come through to the Director, finding out additional information if required
- Completing and submitting Director’s expenses and mileage logs on a timely basis
- Dealing with the Board, Audit Committee, Risk Committee, Group Exec, Directors and Senior level Executives on a regular basis
- Assisting in the preparation of Board and Group Executive papers by strict deadline
- National and International travel arrangements
The Ideal Candidate
What do we need from you?
- Demonstrable PA/EA experience
- Has proven experience in diary management
- Has produced agendas for conference calls and meetings
- Minute taking and accurate production of actions and tasks taken from meetings
- Expenses management and making travel arrangements
- Proven administrative experience, attention to detail, accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal, literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to build relationships at all levels
- Fast and accurate typing speeds
- Self-motivated and able to maintain confidentiality
Competitive Salary + Attractive Benefits package
Based: Hatfield or London
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues of £3.79 billion an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.