Computacenter is the largest leading Value Added Reseller (VAR) in the UK with revenues in excess of £3.25 billion a year. Our Group Partner Management division is one of the core mechanisms that assists driving this Global organisation to grow and constantly achieve their annual revenue target. If you’ve set your heart on a career as a Partner manager in a highly motivated and industry leading team, then join our growing Group Partner Management team. Our team is based in the Hatfield Head office with over 1,500 staff and you’ll find there’s everything in place for you to realise your ambitions in this growing industry.
We’ve become the leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services by being open, upfront and straightforward. So you’ll know exactly what’s expected of you, managers will be accessible when you need training and support, your voice will be heard and we’ll take a genuine interest in how you want to develop.
As a Partner Manager at Computacenter you will be responsible for driving vendor sales and profitability by executing on business plans, market dynamics, incentives and improving our vendor relationships at all levels.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Full understanding at a detail level of all vendor compensation programs (rebate, marketing, promotional etc.) and executes own business plan from a starting point of overachieving to maximise profitability of category business
- Detailed & current understanding of the vendor organisation, their solutions, key people, pipeline, their targets and organisation charts
- Providing regular updates to sales of Promotions, Incentives and other information, collaborating with Marketing to ensure business messages are consolidated into campaigns as appropriate and events are planned and executed to a high standard.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with vendors across their organisation, understanding their technology, commercial and product propositions
- Facilitating vendor Quarterly Business reviews and ensuring outcomes are followed-up.
- Proactively assess and exploit changing markets, technology and product releases to ensure the right propositions are communicated to sales to drive growth
- Drive web shop brand showcases/ featured brands
- Closely work with Sourcing Executive to negotiate favourable commercial terms to ensure Computacenter competitive advantage
The Ideal Candidate
Ideally you will have Partner Management or sales experience with the IT industry, proven customer facing/vendor facing background, ability to build, manage and develop a pipeline which delivers the target. We are looking for people with Enterprise (Networking, software, storage or server) or Workplace experience with the opportunity to be based at one of our key offices in Hatfield, Reading or London.
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is the leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, enabling users and their business in a digital world. We advise organisations on IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology, optimise its performance, and manage our customers’ infrastructures. In doing this we help CIOs and IT departments in enterprise and corporate organisations maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 14,700 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues £3.79 billion again an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.