Onsite Ask IT Advocate Engineer
This position sits within the End User Services function, providing IT Services for the entire organisation. The function is truly global in scale with team members across Asia, Europe and the Americas.
The End User Services function includes:
- Customer Effectiveness: Accountable for ensuring the ‘effective delivery’ of EUS services to our global customers, including the Global ‘AskIT’ service – an enhanced end user support service on key sites.
- Service Excellence: Accountable for many aspects of IT service across the account including the Global deskside support service.
- Campus IT: Accountable for the user experience of end user IT services in specific locations
This role will oversee the day-to-day management and front-of-house activities for ‘AskIT’ including service, inventory, process governance, improvements and measures. In addition, the management of any IT equipment and measures for Joiners, Movers and Leavers, white glove support and other key processes that contribute to the overall customer experience of our IT services.
AskIT is a global brand for engaging with the customer for IT services and includes an AskIT area on key sites where customers can walk up to resolve problems, get training, try new devices, borrow peripherals etc. It is essential that the individals on the AskIT area deliver a great customer experience through engagement with the customer and knowledge to provide the right information and resolve issues. It is also key that the areas entice the customer and it is the place to go for IT service. This role is key to ensure an excellent customer contact experience through AskIT.
· To serve on the customer-facing team acting as the main connection between the Guest and the various processes, tools and groups of IT.
· Act as the primary contact for our Guests as the “face of IT” and shapes the lasting impressions of our Guests, and promoting a welcoming and engaging service/environment.
· Analyze the Guest’s needs, triage technical queries and identify if the issue can be resolved quickly at the Ask IT Center with the Guest in an appropriate time frame.
· Liaise with other IT Teams in order to resolve faults, communicating the next steps to the Guest so that they are fully aware of the progress of their issue.
· Record all Guest interactions are recorded within ServiceNow. Preferably in the presence of the Guest, if not within 30 minutes of Guest leaving the AskIT center.
· Document, coordinate and manage pre-scheduled service encounters with Guests
· Ensuring escalations are dealt with, managed and minimised. Remaining calm while resolving conflict or while engaging in a stressful conversation or situation.
· Proactive floor-walking schedule to engage with customers on any immediate needs.
· Ensure that the Ask IT asset inventory is maintained and managed. Borrow IT items must be tracked and marketing material replenished.
· Teach the Guest about the various ways of consuming the IT service. Advise on alternative steps they can take if the issue rises again, such as self-serve option.
· Encourage Guests to utilize the customer satisfaction tools available.
· Support the local onboarding and offboarding IT processes. Deploying equipment to new starters at the correct level to ensure a successful IT experience.
· Maintain customer intimacy via the knowledge sources available. Keeping abreast of customer changes in business, tools and processes.
· Understand and accept that all level of technical opportunities will be presented in the AskIT Center.
· Apply the iTASK mentality in every situation: I Teach, Advocate, Sympathize, Kick down barriers.
· Utilize analytical skills to develop an appropriate and creative solution
· Multi-task, organize and prioritize workload for maximum efficiency to achieve the highest level of Guest service and operational goals.
· Apply emotional intelligence to each interaction and situation.
· Professionally represent the AskIT brand and the One-IT experience.
The Ideal Candidate
· The desire to achieve and maintain the highest level of customer experience at all times. With the passion to drive continuous improvement.
· Superior communication skills, adapting language used to influence and establish excellent customer relations.
· Ability to work in a customer oriented support role manning a customer drop-in desk in addition to performing floor walking to extend support right to the customer’s workspace.
· Ability to resolve or triage technical issues with OS or Hardware, and to effectively communicate in English.
· Proven knowledge and expertise within a Microsoft Windows environment (ideally within an enterprise domain business model) including familiarity with Active Directory, software deployment technologies (SMS, SCCM, etc.), Group Policy Objects and remote control methods.
· A+ certification (or similar proven experience), ability to support Windows 10 operating system and Lenovo desktop and laptop hardware.
· Proven knowledge and expertise in supporting Microsoft Office applications especially Office 2016 and MS Office 365.
· Experience in the use of cloud based storage solutions such as MS OneDrive and Box.
· Proven knowledge and expertise in supporting Apple Mac OS and iOS software desirable.
· Experience in setting up and deploying mobile devices is desirable.
· Prior customer facing tech bar or IT Training experience, such as assisting customers with new applications
· Knowledge of client antivirus software within an enterprise environment.
· Aware of the importance of asset management and their role in updating asset inventory details.
· Knowledge and experience of ServiceNow or other ITSM toolset.
· An ability to work effectively in a matrix organization is essential.
Competitive + Benefits
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers’ infrastructures.