Occupational Health Advisor
We’ve got a great opportunity for an Occupational Health Advisor to support in delivering a high quality comprehensive Occupational Health and Employee Wellbeing service for Computacenter.
Based in Hatfield, you’ll be part of our friendly, passionate HR team. From time to time, the job will take you out and about across the UK to our other CC offices, and sometimes to a customer site.
- You’ll support our existing OH Advisor in the delivery of all aspects of our Occupational Health and Employee Wellbeing service.
- Working closely with the People Advisory team, you’ll support and advise them on all sickness absence case management, giving sound OH advice, in a timely manner for the business.
Delivering the OH Service
- You’ll deliver excellent customer service on all aspects of the OH service and Employee Wellbeing. You’ll use your knowledge of related legislation and how this applies in practice to do this.
- Through employee reviews you’ll make sound and clear recommendations to the business on how to help an employee remain or return to work. You will be able to signpost employees to internal/external resources and support to help their recovery.
- You’ll engage with GP’s, specialists and other external agencies when you need to.
- Working with our external provider, you’ll give your opinion and make recommendations on cases that need to be considered for permanent health insurance.
- You’ll be delivering OH case management and health screening within SLA’s
- Recording, reporting and consulting on identified health needs
- Advising and supporting on health promotion initiatives
- You’ll get involved with Health and wellbeing initiatives, across different CC sites helping us raise awareness.
- You will engage with the group wellbeing team to work on group wide health and wellbeing projects and initiatives
- Using effective interpersonal skills, you’ll deal effectively with customers and colleagues by phone, face to face, via email, the intranet. You’ll build trust and long-term relationships with the business and handle conflict and sensitive OH situations professionally and confidentially.
The Ideal Candidate
- Fully qualified specialist community public health nurse, OH, on part 3 of the Nursing and Midwifery Council register and can demonstrate ongoing relevant CPD
- Relevant, substantial OH experience within a commercial environment
- Communicates effectively to support working relationships through influencing and advising
- Supports the development of a work culture that promotes equality and values diversity
- Can demonstrate being able to perform as an impartial, professional expert within the OH field
- Can demonstrate being able to critically analyse and evaluate practice and processes within the OH role
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers’ infrastructures