NextGen Network Security Consultant
Location - flexible base with UK Wide Travel
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Consultant to join our dynamic and rapidly expanding Security Team within Computacenter, with a strong focus on the leading Next Generation Firewall technologies. The role will involve extensive travel throughout the UK.
The Consultant will deliver post sales technical consultancy to our customers. This includes the design, implementation and configuration of complex, broad and diverse mix of enterprise-scale engagements. In addition the Consultant will provide pre-sales support to internal and external customers in defining complex technical solutions.
As a predominately client facing role you need proven skills in a customer facing position, designing and implementing Next Generation Firewall technologies to corporate or public sector organisations.
Working within a Group Practice of 250 consultants both Service and Personal development will be a key focus to ensure you stay at the forefront of emerging technologies.
- Design and Delivery of network security solutions
- Post-Sales Consultancy
- Advise and recommend on future technology
- Helping to develop the Practice
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in security compliance standards such as PCI-DSS, ISO27001/2, HMG SPF & Accreditation, Cloud Security Principles, &/or Sarbanes-Oxley.
- The candidate must have good experience in defining, carrying out and reporting on security gap analysis and assessments for people, processes and technologies.
- The candidate must have good technical experience in design & delivery in Cisco Security products (Firepower, ASA, ISE, Stealthwatch, Cloudlock & Umbrella), Palo Alto and one of either Checkpoint or Juniper.
- Routing and switching skills that complement their Security skills.
- Compliance audit and analysis experience in the following verticals, Finance, Central Government, Local Government and/or Critical Infrastructure and Control Systems
- To understand Cloud Security principles and emerging technology.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral.
- Proven ability in producing documentation for a technical and business audience.
- Ability to deal with sensitive customer issues.
- Ability to present large internal and external audiences.
- Experience of working within a number of large organisations (more than 1000 IT users).
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to provide technical leadership mentoring.
Training & Certification:
- SC cleared or willing to be security cleared
- Current Cisco CCNP/CCIE in security
- Current Palo Alto PCNSE certification
Competitive + Car Package
About the Company
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services worldwide, enabling users and their business in a digital world. Our 15,000 employees worldwide support our customers on their path to digital transformation. Since our foundation in 1981, we have grown steadily and we are proud to have been able to provide first-class support to our local & international customers with their IT strategy and concepts, implementation of the best-suited technology and management of their IT infrastructure anywhere in the world that it’s needed.
In doing this, we help CIOs and IT departments, in organisations around the world, maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
As we indicate in our values, Winning Together, we pride ourselves in our teamwork, our dedication to our keeping our promises, and offer a work environment that is friendly, open and supportive. Just like our customers, we want to see our employees learn and grow to their fullest potential