Learning and Development Consultant - 12 Months FTC
- Do you have experience of working in a learning or organisational development role?
- Have you worked on the ‘people impact’ of a change management programme?
- Are you passionate about helping individuals, teams and the wider organisation you work within succeed?
If so, this could be the opportunity for you!
We are looking for someone to join an established team on a 12-month fixed term contract. Whilst you’ll be based in the UK, you’ll be working as part of a global learning and development team. It’s an exciting time. There’s a lot going on for you to get involved in; from supporting business managers and leaders on their people development strategy through to influencing and shaping some key organisational priorities including; leadership & development, performance management culture and learning.
Here’s a flavour of the things you could get involved in:
- As a credible specialist, you’ll provide high level consultancy, advice and support on ‘all things L&D’ to your colleagues in HR and business managers and leaders
- You’ll have the opportunity to actively participate in the development and coaching of teams and individuals across the business
- You’ll be able to use and apply your knowledge of best practice and industry trends to a range of different situations and scenarios; in a way that adds value and enhances individual and company performance
- As part of the group learning and development strategy; we’ll be asking you to influence, shape and input into the key corporate learning and development priorities; leadership and development, learning and performance management culture at Computacenter
- You’ll be asked for your opinion on a range of different situations and topics so you’ll need to draw on your experience or think creatively about the approach or solution we could put in place
- You’ll also met and work with a lot of people from across the organisation so you’ll be able to build great working relationships with them, establish your credibility and deliver on your promises
- You’ll play an important of the group HR team and work collaboratively to achieve success both in internal HR programmes of work and projects in different business areas
The Ideal Candidate
We’ll obviously help you to get to grips with the role. We’ll provide you with the information and support so that you settle in however we are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to get stuck in and who can contribute to the work we are doing to shape the future learning and development strategy for Computacenter. Whilst we talk about strategy, it’s important to mention that we’ll need you to get involved in some ‘hands on activity’ too so be prepared to roll your sleeves up and get involved in what’s going on. It probably goes without saying that previous experience of working in a learning and development, organisational development or change management role would be something we are particularly interested in. The role is UK based but we need someone to be able to travel both within the UK and Europe (mainly to France and/or Germany) as needed.
About the Company
Our values underpin everything we do here at Computacenter. We put our customers first; we are straightforward and keep our promises; we understand that people matter, both inside and outside our Computacenter community; we consider the long term and we inspire success.
So, why Computacenter? Because:
• We deliver
• We’re inclusive
• We’re sustainable
• We listen
• We invest in people
• And we care
We think Computacenter is a great company to work for; you’d expect us to say that, but we’re proud to have some endorsements from other organisations who agree.
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees. Over 14,700 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues £3.79 billion again an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.