Information Security Officer − Senior
Information Security Officer
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, enabling users and their businesses. Our owner-managed business has a family feel and is as much about people as it is about technology. We get to know our customers, so we can respond to their needs – join us as an Information security officer and we’ll get to know you as a person, not just an employee, so we can understand your interests and ambitions.
Our Group Information Assurance function is responsible for the security management of Computacenter’s information assets and those of our Managed Service customers.
Our mission statement is: To facilitate the identification and operation of all applicable requirements to security compliance, safeguarding valued and valuable information. We work in collaboration with the business to achieve strategic objectives by driving the adoption of best practice methodologies, whilst focusing on continual improvement to enhance our customer experience.
You’ll be part of a friendly Group Information Assurance team, working as an information security officer, you will provide governance, management and control of Group Information Security Management System.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring governance and contractual compliance for all security deliverables, making sure that the organisation’s Information Security Management System (ISMS) is maintained along with compliance to policies, procedures, guidelines and standards used to support the effectiveness of the ISMS.
- Ensures that the annual external verifications of the ISO/IEC 27001 certificates and information assurance certificates are completed successfully
- Establishes, monitors, evaluates and reports metrics to provide management with accurate information regarding the effectiveness of the information security strategy (including automation and tooling)
- Provides advice on compliance with security policies and procedures and ensures that information security policies are updated as security threats evolve
- Continual improvement
- Recommends implementation of new/appropriate IA controls across the group to provide more cost effective information security measurements in the long term and ensures that these are traceable. Develops business cases to support investments in information security
- Identifies internal and external influences to the organisation (for example, technology, business environment, risk tolerance, geographic location, legal and regulatory requirements) to ensure that these factors are addressed by the information security strategy
- Obtains commitment from senior management and support from other stakeholders to maximise the probability of successful implementation of the information security strategy
- Supports management in developing of IA strategies, policies, guidance and awareness and aligning these with local management practices
- Recommends scopes for internal auditing
- Business liaison and internal Stakeholder management
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for an information security officer who has experience and understanding of IS027001 and ISO27002 with a good working knowledge of security-related legal and regulatory requirements and the ability to manage and deliver projects through to successful conclusion. An excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio and Project would be advantageous.
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 14,700 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues £3.79 billion again an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.