Information Security Manager
Computacenter is the leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, enabling users and their businesses. Our owner-managed business has a family feel and is as much about people as it is about technology. We get to know our customers, so we can respond to their needs – join us as an Information Security Manager and we’ll get to know you as a person, not just an employee, so we can understand your interests and ambitions.
Our Group Information Assurance function is responsible for the security management of Computacenter’s information assets and those of our Managed Service customers.
Our mission statement is: To facilitate the identification and operation of all applicable requirements to security compliance, safeguarding valued and valuable information. We work in collaboration with the business to achieve strategic objectives by driving the adoption of best practice methodologies, whilst focusing on continual improvement to enhance our customer experience.
Continued growth means we are again looking to add to our team of Information Security specialists.
You will provide a single point of contact for all aspects of operational security for internal and external stakeholders; develop Computacenter’s understanding of operational security; facilitate the achievement of customer requirements for information security by providing fit for purpose services & solutions including those provided by Computacenter partners & subsidiaries; develop appropriate & effective operational security service lines and all the related information collateral to drive opportunities with customers into live service delivery.
You’ll be working as part of a friendly Group Information Assurance team, working as a Group Information Security Manager, on site at our office in Hatfield as a single point of contact for GIA internal customers and will coordinate the supporting activities of the wider GIA team. You’ll take accountability for the management of internal security issues, and incidents and govern and co-ordinate the activities of the Information Security
You will manage the process to ensure that expectations to the Service Owner for the security element of their service is set at a correct level to improve security protection and control. You will take accountability for ISMS and risk management reviews, monthly security meetings and the production of a monthly security report to provide sufficient reporting on the effectiveness of security controls and trends that may impact the security posture of the internal customer. You will take accountability for setting the internal pen testing schedule and manage any defects into the risk management process. You will ensure that the annual verification of ISO27001 and other information security certificates are completed successfully.
The Ideal Candidate
- Can lead by example and has credibility to inspire commitment and a positive attitude to Information Security.
- Promotes group wide thinking and alignment as well as target group orientated standards with appropriate level of security compliance and business needs
- A proven ability to maintain open and constructive working relationships with high degrees of commitment and resilience
- Outstanding written and spoken communicative abilities, presentation and moderation skills
- Can interpret and apply complex technical information and able to explain security functionality from first principles
- Good decision-making skills and influence and persuasion skills
- Ability to deliver as a team and work alone
- Understands security operations from a people, process and technology perspective
- Ability to influence with integrity & negotiate sympathetically
- Initiation and independent running of improvements effectively
- Proven experience in working within Information Security Management System’s and information security governance
- Experienced in major security incident management investigations
- Hold or attain professional certifications such as CISM or CISSP
- Strong knowledge of information security frameworks and standards such as ISO27001/2, PCI DSS, ITIL.
- Good working knowledge of legislative & regulatory requirements
- Understands performance measurements for IT security monitors marketplace trends and experiences on security, audit and control issues
- Good orientation in commercial and organisation business practices and procedures
- Good working knowledge of core security technologies
- Ability to perform under high pressure and in a structured manor and to strict deadline and address multiple activities at one time.
- German or French language skills would be an advantage
Competitive + Benefits
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 14,700 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues £3.79 billion again an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.