Information Security Manager
Information Security Manager
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, enabling users and their businesses. Our owner-managed business has a family feel and is as much about people as it is about technology. We get to know our customers, so we can respond to their needs – join us as an Information security manager and we’ll get to know you as a person, not just an employee, so we can understand your interests and ambitions.
Our Group Information Assurance function is responsible for the security management of Computacenter’s information assets and those of our Managed Service customers.
Our mission statement is: To facilitate the identification and operation of all applicable requirements to security compliance, safeguarding valued and valuable information. We work in collaboration with the business to achieve strategic objectives by driving the adoption of best practice methodologies, whilst focusing on continual improvement to enhance our customer experience.
You’ll be part of a friendly Group Information Assurance team, working as an information security manager, you will provide governance, management and control of Group Information Security Management System.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring governance and contractual compliance for all security deliverables, making sure that the organisation’s Information Security Management System (ISMS) is maintained along with compliance to policies, procedures, guidelines and standards used to support the effectiveness of the ISMS.
- Acts as single point of contact for all security matters for GIA’s internal customer and coordinates the supporting activities of the wider GIA teams
- Ensures liaison with the service owner of GIA’s internal customer and their ISPs
- Takes accountability for the management of internal customer-related Security issues, and manage the consistent approach within the provisioning of services, solutions and processes in a controlled manner
- Manages the process to ensure that expectations to the Service Owner for security elements of their service is set at a correct level to improve security protection and control
- Performs technical ad-hoc assessments / health checks
- Understand overall departmental goals and priorities
- Takes accountability for the ISMS Management-reviews with the internal customer in collaboration based on the standards of the ISMS Governance team
- Defines Information Security KPIs and their measuring against objectives
- Establishes, monitors, evaluates and reports metrics to provide sufficient MI-reporting with accurate information regarding the effectiveness of the information security of security controls and compliance with corporate security policies based on the security compliance-reporting of the GRC tool and KPIs
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience of working with Information Security Management Systems and information security governance
- Good knowledge of all aspects of Information Assurance and Cyber Security
- Can interpret and apply complex technical information and able to explain security functionality from first principles
- Experienced in security incident management investigations
- Ability to influence senior management on security good practice
- Ability to identify and drive security service improvement
- Strong knowledge of important IT platforms, methods and applications; comprehensive understanding of information assurance from a people, process and technology perspective
- Good orientation in commercial and organisational business practices and procedures
- Hold or attain professional examination such as CISM, CISSP, GSLC (GIAC), CCP (ISSM), GIS
- Good working knowledge of ISO standards (ISO 27001)
- Working knowledge ITIL Foundation or ISO20000
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 14,700 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues £3.79 billion again an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.