Implementation Specialist – End User Platforms
- Implementation Specialist – End User Platforms
- Competitive salary + fully flexible benefits scheme + car
- Flexible UK base location with regular UK wide travel
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Windows 10 Deployment Specialist to join our dynamic and rapidly expanding End User Practice within Computacenter, with a strong focus on Microsoft desktop and deployment technologies. The role will involve extensive travel throughout the UK.
The Implementation Specialist will deliver post sales technical consultancy to our customers. This includes the implementation and configuration of complex, large scale Windows based deployment solutions.
As a predominately client facing role you need proven skills in a customer facing position, implementing
Microsoft desktop and deployment technologies to corporate or public sector organisations.
As the UK market leader, with over 55% of Windows enterprise migrations in the UK and the 3rd largest Windows migration partner globally, there are extensive development and training opportunities to aid career progression.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ability to implement complex technical solutions
- Experience in supporting infrastructure technologies
- Excellent communication and consultancy skills both written and oral
- Ability to deal with sensitive customer issues at a senior level
- Ability to contribute to bid, project and technical documents
- Ability to input into business case development
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to present within internal workshops and externally to small audiences
- Undertake individual consultancy assignments, analysing customer requirements, gathering and analysing data, recommending solutions
- Ensure consultancy assignments are undertaken consistently and with quality, using Prince2.
- Highlight all technical risks so that any Computacenter's exposure to commercial loss can be minimised.
- Keep up to date with current and future market developments, competitors, technologies, products and strategies
- Attend and present at customer workshops and meetings
- Produce / update all assignment documentation
- Identify other Computacenter service and sales opportunities
- Build and develop relationships with key stakeholders across Computacenter.
- Build and enhance relationships with peers and Computacenter's sales force (Account Managers, Client Directors, Sales Specialists)
- Develop relationships with partners and vendors to enhance opportunities and capabilities for the practice
The Ideal Candidate
- Detailed product knowledge of the following technologies;
- Desktop deployment experience – enterprise deployments of Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- Desktop configuration experience (ADK, MDT, creation of Task Sequences,) – Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- Deployment Toolset(s) – System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Current Branch, SCCM 2012
- Co-management of Windows 10 using SCCM, Intune and Azure Active Directory
- Desktop productivity suite configuration and deployment knowledge – Office 365 ProPlus, Office 2016, Office 2013, Office 2010
- Desktop security products knowledge – BitLocker or relevant disk encryption software / Security Compliance Manager (SCM) / security baselines for the client platform
- Directory Services – creation of group policy objects for desktop operating systems
- Scripting – PowerShell / VBScript
- Microsoft Desktop Optimisation Pack (MDOP) – App-V / MBAM
- Microsoft Professional Qualifications – additional accreditations with other vendors desirable
- Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Server knowledge
- Intune Mobile Device Management (MDM) and Enterprise Management Suite
- MS Security Products – Windows Defender and Defender ATP
- 1E – Windows Servicing Suite, Nomad
- Desktop virtualisation – Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, VMware View
- OneDrive for Business
- MS Exchange / Skype for Business
- Ivanti – Application Manager and Environment Manager
Competitive Salary + Car + Pension + Sharesave + Professional and Technical training (including conferences)
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 14,700 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues £3.79 billion again an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.