Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services. We enable users and their businesses by providing great service, keeping our promises and taking responsibility. If you share our approach, why not join us as a ITSM Consultant in Hatfield?
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with experience in a ITSM environment to come and be part of a close knit team configuration, administration and implementation of Computacenter's ITSM solution. A key part of this role will be analysing requirements, implementing the solution based on pre-defined standards, data configuration and migration, testing the ITSM solution and support post go-live activities on new implementations.
- Gather, document and analyse configuration requests
- Configure ITSM modules for new implementations in line with defined standards to meet IT and Business needs.
- Evaluate and assess fit between requirements and Remedy application suite capabilities in support of department's philosophy of using standard out-of-the-box functionality, minimizing customizations where possible
- Support the on-going maintenance of a production system where configuration changes are required to the existing production configuration ideally in a multi-tenant environment
- Test Remedy software, upgrades and patches
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve BMC Remedy applications issues including root cause analysis
- Integrate Remedy with Enterprise tools and proactively monitor Remedy applications
- Perform risk identification, assessment, remediation and performance tuning
- Provide recommendations for improving the configuration process
- Conduct user training for IT and the Business as required
- Create all necessary documentation, SOPs, training material and user guides
The Ideal Candidate
What we are looking for is an expert knowledge of the ITSM application functionality with proven experience in configuring foundation data and all ITSM modules (Incident, Change, Request (SRM), Problem, Asset and Configuration), ability to guide the development team, at a detailed level, on the functionality that needs to be developed and any changes / corrections that need to be made during the development lifecycle.
You will also need to be able to carry out hands on application functionality testing, prior to handing over for user acceptance, be able to design business processes, perform requirements analysis and run requirements workshops, have knowledge of industry standard software testing lifecycles and experience of defect or issue management.
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
- Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
- Almost 15,000 staff employed across the Group. 2015 adjusted profit before tax was £86.9 million. Revenues were £3.05 billion
- Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.