IT Solution Manager
Due to continued growth within Computacenter Services & Solutions, we are seeking an exceptional Solution Manager / Deal Architect to join our team. The successful individual will act as the lead for the creation of complex Infrastructure Managed Service (IMS) solutions, ensuring a clear and commercial match to our client requirements. This pivotal additions to our team will represent and lead these aspects during opportunity pursuits, alongside the Sales Specialist and/or Client Director; and will act as the client advocate into Service Design, internal service providers, and Computacenter (CC) management, ensuring we offer the most compelling proposition to meet the client’s stated and unstated requirements.
Pre-sales, Bids, and Solution ownership
Support the Sales force on specific opportunities to create the solution in order to maximise CC’s chance of winning by:
- Ensuring opportunities match requirements against core CC business capability, and commercial principles
- Set bid strategies, including identification of tools, processes and partnering opportunities
- Engage with the customer in a consultative approach, building trust and credibility into the solution and focusing on CC’s brand values
- Effectively articulate overall value, ROI, and all key benefits that support the clients internal business case
- Define the overall solution, proposing innovative solutions that match our capability
- Maximise the opportunities to utilise the Shared Service Factory (SSF) and other core propositions
- Co-ordinate activities across the internal service providers
- Oversee a cohesive approach to solution creation for the client, through communication, guidance and steering of all stake holders to ensure commercial risks and opportunities within the solution represent best value to CC and the to client
- Lead the creation of, and be a key member of the team, delivering presentations and supporting bid material at a senior customer level
- Drive the commercial negotiation around the deal, identifying risks and mitigating these through customer dependencies and contractual assumptions
- Ensure transparent handover to service delivery teams of the finalised contract, and other supporting information
- Represent the customer perspective in the qualification and creation of new differentiating propositions
- Promote nominated Propositions into the sales force, working in tandem with the Service Design experts on that proposition to ensure awareness of market trends, customers buying behaviour and competitor threats
The Ideal Candidate
- Significant pre-sales work, including the architecting /designing of complex and large IT infrastructure Managed Services/Outsourcing solutions
- Experience of sales processes including bidding, deal structures, negotiations presentations and closures
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively at senior / board levels
- Ability to influence the sales team and customer through sound and well structured thought processes supported where necessary with articulate and concise written work
- Ability to articulate CC value propositions against customer issues in support of sales process
- Ability to articulate CC offerings from a service solution and commercial perspective
- Understanding of contracts and service contract structures for clients and external partners
- An understanding of end-to-end infrastructure managed services, ideally with a shared services component
Competitive Salary + Win Fees/Bonus + Car + Benefits
Based: South England
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues of £3.79 billion an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.