IT Project Coordinator - Managed Services
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services with revenues in 2016 of £3.25 billion and circa, 14,000 employees, listed on the London Stock Exchange and a constituent of the FTSE 250 index.
In our Project and Programme Practice, we continue to expand our pipeline and record of business wins because we set clear expectations, take a straightforward and pragmatic approach, and are honest with our customers throughout a project.
The Practice now comprises of over 600 qualified professionals who deliver these services through in excess of 150 projects each year, making Computacenter Projects and Programmes Practice one of the largest project management presences in our marketplace.
We deliver a range of infrastructure projects typically including contractual service transitions, transformations, data centre relocations, rollouts, WAN and IP projects, VDI/Virtualisation and a range of Cloud related engagements; you’ll work across this project range, getting to know many different customers.
If you’re a Project Coordinator looking for a high level of autonomy and end-to-end responsibility tasks within a project context as directed by a project manager, including support, reporting on costs / charges, managing parts of projects, administration, and scheduling and booking resources, Computacenter is the place to be.
• Monitor and control expenditure on each budget to ensure only valid costs are received.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally in order to achieve project objectives.
• Collating and producing reports for review in line with project requirements.
• Coordinate resources in line with project plan to meet project requirements.
• Understands and can apply project methodology principles to their work to achieve a successful project outcome.
• Seeks opportunities to develop own skills and knowledge in order to progress within the project management area.
• Produce documentation in line with project requirements.
• Act in accordance with Computacenter Information Security Policies and report any potential or actual Security events or other Security risks to the organisation.
The Ideal Candidate
• We’re looking for someone that can be flexible to work at customer sites across the UK when required.
• Who is literate (able to write credible documents) and numerate (confident with calculating costs).
• These skills should be backed up with experience of monitoring and reporting costs, managing and booking project resources.
• You will also have experience of assisting with managing projects, collating and producing reports against defined requirements and deadlines.
• You will need the ability to get on with people at all levels and have experience of working in a project team.
• Ideally you are working towards a Prince 2 Practitioner qualification.
Competitive + Benefits
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
• Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
• Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
• Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group. 2016 adjusted profit before tax was £86.4 million. Revenues were £3.25 billion
• Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business.
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.