IT Operations Manager
As the Operations Manager - Desktop Services, you will report to Head of Workplace and be responsible for a team based in Computacenter locations across Europe.
You’ll lead a team of engineering specialists in the operation, development and maintenance of products and services to meet our customers’ needs, maximise service availability and optimise total cost of ownership. You’ll support the ongoing workplace transformation, delivering WIN10, O365, Cisco Jabber and Webex, Yammer. You will be responsible for shaping and forming our relationship with third party service providers both internal to CC and our offshoring partners.
This is a fantastic opportunity in one of the UK’s leading IT service providers to shape and change the desktop experience of over 16,000 users across the globe by implementing leading modern workplace solutions and strategies.
The Operations Manager will plan, coordinate and lead activities across the full service delivery lifecycle. This includes coordinating with business stakeholders, product owners, architects and project managers. Working closely with other team managers and the Head of Workplace, the Workplace Manager will ensure the structured and coordinated planning of their team’s development. Your reports are primarily based in Germany and the UK though there may be some travel to France as well.This position is an outstanding opportunity for an energetic and self-motivated person who enjoys ensuring client satisfaction and relishes the challenge that the role of Technical Support Desk Manager brings.
- Triaging all incoming technical support calls and emails.
- Assigning those incoming calls and emails accordingly.
- Progress any assigned technical support calls through to resolution within agreed timings, requesting assistance if required, travelling to client site when required.
- Ensure all staff update support tickets promptly and in full.
- Monitoring all assigned Technical Support tickets for completeness.
- Liaising with the Workplace Manager and Head of Workplace to ensure the smooth running of the Desktop Support Services whilst minimising their hands on involvement.
- Liaising with the Head of Workplace directly on more problematic Support tickets.
- First line Technical Support Desk complaint handling.
- Reporting in to Monthly Management Meetings on Technical Support ticket statistics, issues and development requirements.
- When requested, attend customer site where support or installation issues cannot be resolved remotely.
- Work as part of the overall Workplace Team to reach and exceed pre-defined customer service level agreements in all instances.
- Lead the Desktop Services Team by example.
- Review efficiency opportunities and fosters a continuous improvement culture in the team
- Responsible for ensuring systems in scope of Disaster Recovery (DR) deliver against the requirements of the Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and that all staff are involved in the regular tests
- Responsible for ensuring that operational documentation is consistent with best practice and reviewed regularly
- Promotes, understands and is fully committed to a blended support model encompassing internal teams and 3rd party suppliers as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive technical management experience, with good knowledge of ITIL (ideally you will hold ITIL Foundation v3).
- You must be highly skilled in providing second and third line end-user support and have exceptional knowledge of IT service delivery.
- Related, progressive experience combining IT service delivery, infrastructure management, operations management and team leadership
- 5 years’ experience of pragmatic implementation of the ITIL framework in a similar sized organisation.
- Experience of managing geographically dispersed teams
- Experience of working in an offshore environment and holding third party organisations accountable for Service Delivery provision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Demonstrable capability to lead by example with a motivation to be the best at what we do
- Ability to facilitate teams to develop, deliver, document, support and optimise solutions
- Experience of developing and managing continuous improvement within IT operations teams
- Clear experience of working with offshore Service providers and holding them accountable for contracted services and outcomes
- You must have core experience with the Microsoft suite of tools and demonstrate a clear understanding of Microsoft Cloud based strategies and the ability to work with the team to implement our vision of ‘Microsoft Evergreen’ within CC
- Experience of Data protection regulations and working with German WC would be highly desirable
Competitive + Car/Car Allowance + Benefits
About the Company
About The Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is the leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, enabling users and their business in a digital world. We advise organisations on IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology, optimise its performance, and manage our customers’ infrastructures. In doing this we help CIOs and IT departments in enterprise and corporate organisations maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 14,700 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues £3.79 billion again an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.