Head of Network Operations
As a FTSE 250 PLC, we are rooted in core European countries, Computacenter combines global reach with local expertise. We operate Infrastructure Operations Centers and Group Service Desks across Europe, South Africa and Asia from which our employees provide user support in 18 languages. Customers with global requirements are served through an extensive international partner network, which mirrors the requirements of our European-headquartered client base.
We get to know our customers, so we can respond to their needs – join us as a Head of Group Network Operations in Hatfield and we’ll get to know you as a person, not just an employee, so we can understand your interests and ambitions.
- Ownership for the group-wide Network Service on a day-to-day basis, with a strong emphasis on managing changes, Incidents and problems.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with both internal and external senior stakeholders regarding pertinent network activities, problems and incidents.
- Design and implement short and long term strategic plans/roadmaps to ensure Network and Systems capacity meets existing and future initiatives/requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and health checks for Global Network Infrastructure.
- Develop, deploy and maintain methodologies/technologies for projecting Network and Systems capacity needs to ensure Enterprise readiness and growth to meet business initiatives.
- Direct management of your team – provide coaching and conducting performance reviews
- Mentoring and guidance to all other staff you interface with, as well as those on the Vendor teams.
- Develop and maintain 3 year strategic plan for each technology area (ie Security, WAN, LAN, VoIP, etc.) within Network Infrastructure.
- Lead, research and develop recommendations for network and related telephony products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Lead, manage and evaluate vendors/strategic providers and develop strong working relationships
- A solid understanding and experience of off-shoring services and managing vendors/suppliers off-shore.
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for someone who can live up to our reputation for delivering on promises – someone who can solve problems creatively to get the job done.
You will have experience of managing;
- Exceptional technical knowledge of network and telephony operating systems, especially Cisco Networks, Cisco VoIP systems, Cisco routing technology, SIPS Services, IDS/IPS & Firewalls.
- Must have demonstrated leadership, including coaching and mentoring a team based in a number of countries so you must have a strong multi-cultural understanding.
- Demonstrated experience managing enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc for a diverse international organisation, preferably in a Datacenter environment.
- Experience in designing network and related telephony systems in a large, corporate geographically-diverse environment needed.
- Extensive experience in Vendor and Contract Management.
- In depth knowledge of the TCP/IP/VOIP protocol suite
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Ability to perform general financial calculations for the purpose of creating needs assessments, capital funding, expense planning, budgets, etc.
- Ability to present ideas, new technology in a user-friendly language/manner.
- Highly self-motivated and directed; proven analytical and problem-solving abilities; strong customer service orientation; strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritize; strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- A demonstrable knowledge and experience of collaboration tools and services – Instant Messaging, Soft Phones, Telepresence and video conferencing, audio and web conferencing would be of benefit
- Willingness to travel to France and Germany as and when required
- The ideal candidate should be ITIL qualified.
Head of Group Network Operations
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Car/Allowance
Hatfield – with some international travel
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
- Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
- Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues £3.79 billion again an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
- Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.