Hardware/Software IT Engineer - Heathrow (HAL)
We are looking for an engineer to be based at one of our IT Connections Centre @ Compass Centre, Heathrow Airport.
You will be working primarily on an IT Tech Bar supporting laptops, smartphones and other mobile devices. The successful candidate needs to be able to be approachable and be comfortable speaking to people of all levels of seniority as well as being able to adjust the way that they discuss technical resolutions to the technical level of the customer.
You will be working within a team of approximately 7 engineers in a shift pattern covering the hours of 08:00 – 18:00pm Mon – Fri (this is subject to change).
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge and understanding of Windows 10
- Experience working in an IT corporate environment
- Experience of laptop hardware break fix (preferably on Lenovo hardware)
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Must be able to articulate advice and technical resolutions to people with differing technical knowledge
- Adaptable and welcoming of change and communicating change to customers
- Be willing to work on an 08:00 – 18:00 shift pattern Monday – Friday (08:00 – 16:30 / 09:30 – 18:00)
- Eligible for SC clearance
The Ideal Candidate
- Lenovo hardware certifications
- Windows 10 accreditations
- Experience working on an IT Tech Bar
- Experience of Windows 10 within a corporate environment
- Experience supporting smartphones and other mobile devices (installations and issue resolution)
We are looking for confident individuals with experience supporting a variety of IT systems, with a complimentary background of providing customer service to the highest standard. We really believe this is an incredible opportunity for development in your career, not to be missed.
Competitive + Benefits
About the Company
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services worldwide, enabling users and their business in a digital world. Our 15,000 employees worldwide support our customers on their path to digital transformation. Since our foundation in 1981, we have grown steadily and we are proud to have been able to provide first-class support to our local & international customers with their IT strategy and concepts, implementation of the best-suited technology and management of their IT infrastructure anywhere in the world that it’s needed.
In doing this, we help CIOs and IT departments, in organisations around the world, maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
As we indicate in our values, Winning Together, we pride ourselves in our teamwork, our dedication to our keeping our promises, and offer a work environment that is friendly, open and supportive. Just like our customers, we want to see our employees learn and grow to their fullest potential.