Our enthusiastic HR Shared Service team in Hatfield are the go-to people for all of our 5,000 UK employees and Managers. The HR Generalists handle all HR queries, priding themselves on delivering a right-first-time service.
They do this by offering pragmatic, sensible and flexible advice just making things happen!
What you’ll be doing
- Through the HR Shared Service you’ll provide comprehensive advice on all employee queries. You might do this over the phone, face to face or by email, but it will always be professional, sound and timely.
- Employee Relations situations including Disciplinaries, Grievances and consultation processes.
- Case management is an important part of the role and you’ll already have lots of experience in complex disciplinary, grievance and performance capability situations. In these you’ll support and guiding Line Managers on decisions up to and including dismissal.
- You’ll confidently support various consultation processes such as changes to terms and conditions and Redundancy and as part of these you could be having to actively work to successfully redeploy employees.
- As an absence and Wellbeing expert you’ll own your own area of the business helping managers support their employee’s wellbeing, give advice on both short term and long term absence and work closely with our Occupational Health team and PHI provider. You might find yourself working on ill health capability, and you’ll do this sensitively and practically with a strong understanding of legislation.
- We’re on our ‘Wellbeing journey’ so you’ll support and promote regular initiatives on all sorts of wellbeing topics and signpost employees to useful resources which help us keep our employees well at work.
- Keeping our Managers up to date is important to us so you’ll deliver regular updates at management meetings, host our 2 day Management Induction programme and run ad hoc learning events.
- Working with our Employee Relations Manager, you’ll be responsible for the relationship with your aligned Trade Union and you’ll support them on negotiations and business changes that affect your Union group.
- You will have up to date employment legislation knowledge will allow you to pro-actively make changes to our existing policies and processes and you’ll also use this knowledge to educate our managers through training, workshops and updates.
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate
- CIPD qualified or working towards your CIPD qualification
- Strong HR generalist background gained in a large organisation
- Excellent up to date knowledge of employment legislation and the application of this
- Experience in making sound, risk assessed decisions for exit strategies
- Expertise in all aspects of absence management
- Ability to respond and manage a busy and diverse workload
- Good communication skills both verbal and written and a confident presentation style
- Passion to work as part of team with a flexible approach to work
- Initiative to work independently while using judgement to know when to ask for support
- An understanding of working with Unions would be useful along with an awareness of TUPE
What we’ll give you
- Supportive working environment
- Knowledgeable diverse team
- Opportunity to develop and get involved in all sorts of projects
- Fun and friendly working experience
Competitive Salary & Company Benefits
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues of £3.79 billion an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.