HR Generalist Role - 12 months FTC - Maternity Cover
Our enthusiastic HR Shared Service team in Hatfield are the go-to people for all of our circa 5,000 UK employees and Managers. The HR Generalists handle all HR queries, priding themselves on delivering a right-first-time service. They do this by offering pragmatic, sensible, contemporary and flexible advice - making things happen!
Through the People Advisory Team, you’ll provide comprehensive advice on all employee queries, this could be over the phone, face to face, by email or teleconference, whatever the method of communication it will always be professional, sound and timely.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
• Employee Relations situations including Disciplinary, Grievances, Appeals, Redundancy and consultation processes.
• Case management is an important part of the role and you’ll already have lots of experience in managing complex disciplinary, grievance and performance/ill-health capability situations.
• You’ll support and guide Line Managers on decisions up to and including dismissal – providing advice on best practice and contemporary employment law challenges
• You’ll confidently support various consultation processes such as changes to terms and conditions and Redundancy and as part of these you could be having to actively work to successfully redeploy employees.
• Keeping our Managers up to date is important to us so you’ll deliver regular updates at management meetings, host our 2-day Management Induction programme and run ad hoc learning events across the business.
• You will have up to date employment legislation knowledge will allow you to pro-actively make changes to our existing policies and processes and you’ll also use this knowledge to educate our managers through training, workshops and updates. This includes being a Subject Matter Expert in a chosen area where you are the go-to person for queries in this area
• From an Absence and Wellbeing perspective you’ll own your own area of the business helping managers support their employee’s wellbeing, give advice on both short term and long-term absence and work closely with our Occupational Health team and PHI provider.
• We’re on our ‘Wellbeing journey’ so you’ll support and promote regular initiatives on all sorts of wellbeing topics and signpost employees to useful resources which help us keep our employees well at work.
• Ill health capability also comes into the casework and you’ll be required to do this sensitively and practically with a strong understanding of legislation.
• You’ll be responsible for the relationship with your aligned Trade Union and you’ll support them with regular reviews, negotiations and business updates that affect your Union group.
• Work closely with our HR Business Partners to support them to deliver initiatives across the business
The Ideal Candidate
• CIPD qualified or working towards your CIPD qualification
• Strong HR generalist background gained in a large organisation
• Excellent up to date knowledge of employment legislation and the application of this
• Experience in making sound, risk assessed decisions for exit strategies
• Expertise in all aspects of absence management
• Ability to respond and manage a busy and diverse workload
• Good communication skills both verbal and written and a confident presentation style
• Passion to work as part of team with a flexible approach to work Initiative to work independently while using judgement to know when to ask for support
• An understanding of working with Unions would be useful along with an awareness of TUPE
• Previous people management experience advantageous although not compulsory
What we’ll give you
• Supportive working environment
• Knowledgeable diverse team
• Opportunity to develop and get involved in all sorts of projects
• Fun and friendly working experience
Competitive + Benefits
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers’ infrastructures