HR Coordinator - 16 month fixed term contract
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services with revenues in 2015 of £3.25 billion and circa. 12,000 employees. Listed on the London Stock Exchange and a constituent of the FTSE 250 index. We get to know our customers, so we can respond to their needs – join us as a HR Coordinator on a 16 month contract and we’ll get to know you as a person, not just an employee, so we can understand your interests and ambitions. As a HR Coordinator, you’ll provide admin support as part of the HR Shared Service. You’ll give advice and support on a range of HR processes, from recruitment through to retirement. You’ll use our HR systems to keep records, provide HR information to the business and work with the business and HR on HR changes - mostly system related. You’ll work under general supervision and use your judgement in solving or escalating problems and feeding ideas and observations for improvements into your team.
This role can have a variety of elements to it, from coaching to leading projects. You’ll be responsible for delivering all elements of people processes and policies, in addition to meeting the business needs.
How you’ll fit in:
- You’ll support employees and line managers with their day-to-day work
- You’ll be responsive, flexible and act in a timely manner; delivering excellent customer service
- You’ll help employees and line managers to understand our HR processes and policies better
The stuff you’ll do:
Deliver ‘service excellence’
- Using HR systems and processes, you’ll deliver excellent customer service on a range of HR queries and requirements, providing solutions, advice and support while planning and organising your work to meet commitments and targets
Manage HR information
- You’ll maintain HR records and prepare reports and management information from HR data
- You’ll ask questions and use active listening skills to understand what’s needed before developing HR solutions, taking ownership through to resolution, escalating when you need to
- Using good interpersonal skills you’ll deal effectively with customers and colleagues by phone, face to face, via email, the intranet and so on. You’ll build trust and sound relationships with customers by adapting your style to your audience and handling conflict and sensitive HR situations professionally and confidentially
Work as a team
- You’ll consistently support colleagues and collaborate within the team and HR to achieve results, building and maintaining strong working relationships
- Improve process implementation
- You’ll support the implementation of HR changes/projects with the business
- You’ll keep up to date with Business and HR legal/policy/process changes relevant to your role. You’ll seek and act on feedback to improve your performance and overall capability
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll be:
Honest with Integrity
- Truthful, sincere and trustworthy in your actions, showing integrity by doing the right thing and maintaining appropriate confidentiality at all times
- Adapt positively to changing work priorities and patterns when new tasks need to be done or requirements change
Energetic & enthusiastic
- Display energy and enthusiasm in the way you go about your role, dealing positively with setbacks when they happen and staying positive under pressure
An analytical thinker
- Use data to provide information to allow others to gain insight and work logically to resolve problems and identify the cause
Competitive + Attractive Benefits Package
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services. We can advise customers on their IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our clients’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about us
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group. 2016 adjusted profit before tax was £86.4 million. Revenues were £3.25 billion
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.