Group Event Scheduling Manager
Computacenter is Europe's leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, enabling users and their business. We advise organisations on IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology, optimise its performance, and manage our customers’ infrastructures. In doing this we help CIOs and IT departments in enterprise and corporate organisations maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users. We get to know our customers, so we can respond to their needs – join us as a Group Event Scheduling Manager in Hatfield and we’ll get to know you as a person, not just an employee, so we can understand your interests and ambitions.
The Group Event Scheduling Manager is responsible for vision within IT Service Delivery. You will be providing and maintaining a single source of consistent information on all IT services delivered to business. You will ensure and verify service performance against stated Service Level Agreements while overseeing and managing the Service Desk and Lennar Field Services organization. Additionally you will be accountable for day-to-day service operations and performance. The Group Event Scheduling Manager will establish and contribute to the strategic long-term goals, policies and procedures for a Field Support and Centralised Scheduling environment, supporting a large national business across multiple countries.
- Provide leadership for large national field scheduling support organization initially for the Group Functions.
- Verify service operations against stated Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements
- Establish the annual operating plan and budget
- Develop and maintain policies, principles and definitions of service packages
- Define and create the overall service measurement framework that determines service efficiency
- Manage directly a staff of three/Four direct reports with indirect oversight of a staff of approximately 200 resources
- Help business operations utilise information systems to improve efficiency.
- Recognize new developments in information systems technology, and anticipates organizational modifications.
- Ensure confidentiality and reliability of corporate data, proprietary information, and intellectual property.
- Function as top-level contact to assist end users in determining requirements and solutions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Prior experience in IT Service Management & Operations
- Extensive experience of management experience
- Must possess organizational, time management, and motivational skills
- Ability to analyze problems, determine solutions and produce the desired outcome
- Must be a team player with a strong work ethic
- Provide Customer Service above and beyond what is expected
- Certifications in ITIL or other related IT Service Management Practices or commensurate experience.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience at working as a leader and collaborator in a team-oriented environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through organizational dynamics.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products – strong analytics skills.
- Strong Customer service skills and focus required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Strong knowledge of IT service management processes and experience in delivering improvements to these processes
- Business awareness of the impact of service levels and any associated failures
- Strong documentation skills, ability to clearly aggregate data
- Experience of leading cross functional teams and managing relationships with business customers
- Robust skills in managing a support function supporting the enterprise
Competitive + Benefits + Car + Bonus
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 14,700 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues £3.79 billion again an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.