First Line Analyst
Role involves providing users front line helpdesk support and will involve performing a range of technical tasks assisting with any hardware and software issues.
- Taking approximately 20 -30 calls per day from users with technical issues, trying to resolve at first contact.
- Logging all calls and tickets with details of user issues using Remedy Call Management system.
- Managing your queue of tickets, making sure all tickets are updated at least once per day.
- Resetting passwords using Active Directory.
- Remotely accessing user’s workstations to troubleshoot the issue.
- Troubleshooting Microsoft software issues with emphasis on Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Respond efficiently to enquiries and effectively resolve any issues.
- Escalate complex incidents to appropriate support members in line with company processes to ensure customer demands are met.
- Evaluate and chase up escalations appropriately to ensure customer demands are met.
- Following security processes in line with company processes and regulations.
- Working to Service Level Agreements, such as duration to resolve the issue and average call handling time.
- Provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience working within a customer focused environment.
- Previous IT Desktop service experience would be advantageous, although not mandatory – but candidates should have a good understanding and working knowledge of IT desktop concepts.
- Positive 'can do' attitude
- Able to work under pressure
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Excellent telephone manner and good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates an organised approach to work.
- Demonstrates customer service to a high standard.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in all work.
- Articulate and methodical in approach
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Team Player
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 14,700 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues £3.79 billion again an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.