First Line Analyst - Major Incident Management
As a FTSE 250 PLC, we are rooted in core European countries, Computacenter combines global reach with local expertise. We operate Infrastructure Operations Centers and Group Service Desks across Europe, South Africa and Asia from which our employees provide user support in 18 languages. Customers with global requirements are served through an extensive international partner network, which mirrors the requirements of our European-headquartered client base.
We get to know our customers, so we can respond to their needs – join us as a First Line Analyst in our Global Infrastructure Operations division and we’ll get to know you as a person, not just an employee, so we can understand your interests and ambitions.
The Global Infrastructure Operations Division forms the core for Infrastructure Support for most of the Contractual Services delivered to our customers from Event Management through to Data Centres. Over the last few years Computacenter has been successful in winning more and more complex Managed Service contracts. This has driven the need for us to review, change and continually augment our people, tools and processes in order to match the ever increasing complexity of demand.
- Perform a range of technical work activities either remotely or at customer site to meet business and customer requirements.
- Coordinate small teams delivering basic work packages in line with company process to meet business and customer requirements.
- Document and report on work completed to ensure compliance with Company and Customer Procedures.
- Escalate issues in line with company processes to ensure customer demands are met.
- Evaluate escalations and action appropriately to ensure customer demands are met.
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers to ensure consistent experience.
- Ability to adapt quickly to dynamic team environments to maintain consistent effective contribution.
- Identify own development needs in line with business objectives.
- Act in accordance with Computacenter Information Security Policies and report any potential or actual Security events or other Security risks to the organisation.
- Acts as a role model for colleagues with regards to technical and behavioural competencies.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of BMC Remedy would be beneficial.
- Experience of ServiceNow would be beneficial.
- Works under supervision. Uses minor discretion.
- Able to follow instructions and procedures.
- Previous experience in a customer service environment would be beneficial.
- Proven experience in IT Service environment.
- Uses information systems, technology functions and applications in line with IT industry standards as appropriate to the role.
- Demonstrates an organised approach to work.
- Demonstrates customer service abilities.
- Routine administrative skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Demonstrates awareness of health and safety at work.
- No relevant experience is required at this level; however we would expect a basic understanding of PC usage.
2 Days, 2 Nights, 5 off
2 Days, 3 Nights, 4 off
3 Days, 2 Nights, 5 off
4-6 Months FTC
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues of £3.79 billion an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.